Sign in to follow this  
AJ160

Best Overtime Matches you've seen.

zac brown and dakota kincer went into triple over time last year at state in the quarter finals. it was very exciting for me, but i am a little biased  :-D

I was killed out after that match!

Our matches this year was close too.

in the state: i have some bias but my freshmen year i wrestled a kid from trinity at state duals and was down by 8 or so going into the 3rd then came back and got 2 with 5 secs in the 3rd for the tie and got the 2 in ot to seal the deal

ever: at Big 10s a couple years back tom clum from wisconsin wrestled in the finals and it went into 3 or 4 ots of nothing but the nastiest scrambles ive ever seen

Last year, Tom Shirey, a freshman, beat Coty Lewis, a senior and former state champ, in overtime. Lewis came into the match cocky as all get-out. Was making faces, mocking Shirey. He was ahead most of the match; then Shirey came back and tied it in the third period. Lewis went into the fourth fuming, and Shirey took him down. Lewis got up and threw his headgear.

Clearly Lewis wasn't at his best, but it was entertaining to watch. Coach Phil Coomes told Shirey it was one of the best things he'd ever seen, even called a wrestler Lewis had beaten in the past on his cell to tell him about it. If you know anything about Coomes, the man hardly ever shows any emotion, at least not in the last decade.