GB-The-Sportsman

Predictions at 140

Guest TroJanMan112

Joe Powers if he stays the same weight this year, i think hell shock people at 145 even if he cant wrestle 140. :D

Guest DAWG6

Possible threats:

Brandon Howard, Sheldon Clark

Patrick Banks, Larue County

Mitch Ervin, Union County

Josh Cooper, Simon Kenton

James Kilburn, Wayne Co

Rob Aylor, Ryle

Bryon Wilson, Campbell County

Cody Walls , Caldwell County

John Golsby, Holmes

Ryan Ross, Harrison County

1.You gotta learn how to spell

2.KY dosent give black wrestlers respect so dont look forward to people giving you good feedback,true deal man!!!

2.KY dosent give black wrestlers respect so dont look forward to people giving you good feedback,true deal man!!!

That's bullcrap....everyone in this state respects Joe Carr Jr, Dominic Black, the Merritt brothers, etc....don't play the race card here man, don't stereotype the whole state like that!

2.KY dosent give black wrestlers respect so dont look forward to people giving you good feedback' date='true deal man!!![/quote']

Yeah.. That's not right to say, white AND black wrestlers always have the same opportunities in wrestling, just as any sport.

I respect both point of views,but why did you dig all the way into 90's and 80's,Joe Carr and Joe Carr Jr. are the only black wrestlers get any respect,I'm not the only one that feels that way,alot of outsiders and fans even say wrestling is a white sport,and I always say both black and white dominate the sport and by what they read on here,and what they saw all last year,that was there answer,thats coming from our state!!!

Really all last year or this year who was talking about

Darren Mitchell

Detrick Smith

Robert Smith

Jarrett Weston

Andre Braima

Ozzy Parker gets alittle

and this isnt coming from me,but others

It seems like the black wrestlers are always being brought up as the muscle house guys who doesnt know anything in this sport Right or Wrong???

well, what kind of respect do you want for those guys? none of them were state champs....i mentioned joe carr jr, & the others because they are some of the greatest wrestlers from this state ever....and get a lot of respect from this state without question....think about joe carr jr, the best wrestler ever from the best program, who can question that? actually if you listed the pound 4 pound best wrestlers from this state, there would be a lot of black guys listed IMHO. Yes, there are more white people in the sport...i don't know why that is, and honestly it doesn't matter...the black wrestlers that deserve the respect, get the respect...in my opinion. anyhow, i hope you don't take my comments out of context...i'm sorry you feel the way you do, i just hope you don't feel like it's a racist thing.

btw - to answer your question about most people think black wrestlers don't know anything or are muscle heads.....sometimes there is that stereotype....sometimes it's deserved, sometimes it isn't. there has definitely been some black wrestlers in kentucky straight from the football team....and some of them have been successful, using a LOT of muscle. but saying that isn't meant to be disrespectful, some wrestlers just use more muscle...use what you got is what i say.

Its simple why there's more white people in the sport. There's way more white guys in Ky and the U.S. as a whole. If you're talking percentages of black vs percentages of white, i have no idea what percent of each becomes wrestlers and cant comment there. I don't think its a whole lot relevant though.

I think the reason Robert Smith didn't get as much press is murton wrestled the same weight, and thats it. Right or wrong thats the reason for that i think. I think the other guys' name came up as much as any other top 5 type of wrestler on here, which is what those guys are/were.

Actually, i didn't know there was a stereotype that black wrestlers are muscle heads and try to use brute force. Have you ever heard the term "slow white boy" ? Leads me to think the stereotype would go more like a black dude is quicker than lightning and the white guys are slower and more apt to try to break out the strength card to tie the guy up and slow him down. In that respect, i don't think you can claim that everybody thinks a black guys is gonna try to use brute force based on a prevalent stereotype regarding whites and blacks.

But this stuff isn't constructive and now i'm out of this. If you use brute force to outscore somebody, who cares ? Its no less honorable than beating them any other way within the rules.