Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingtime

Is there a State Duals Title in Kentucky?

In both OHIO and IN., both states  have both a individual and team duals titles for HS. wrestling.

I don't think they have a team duals format in Kentucky. Just the state individual wrestling tournament in Frankfort?

In both OHIO and IN., both states  have both a individual and team duals titles for HS. wrestling.

I don't think they have a team duals format in Kentucky. Just the state individual wrestling tournament in Frankfort?

Yes, we have a state duals format.  It is Jan 31 this year at Henry Clay HS in Lexington.  16 teams (generally top 2 teams from each region).  It isn't sponsored or recognized by the KHSAA, but rather by the coaches association.

what team are going to be there this year

I don't think all of the teams have been determined.  But here is what I know:

Region 1 - ?, I assume Union

Region 2 - Larue, Nelson

Region 3 - ?

Region 4 - determined this weekend, I think

Region 5 - South Oldham, Oldham

Region 6 - Campbell, Simon Kenton

Region 7 - Woodford, Tates Creek

Region 8 - ?

There is usually an open slot (1 team from Region 1 or Region 3 or Region 8) and Henry Clay fills that as host.

I know last year, Coach Fiser said there were 2 teams from each region represented.  Region 3 Duals will be held this weekend.  It will probably be Meade Co. and Southern, and they will both go to the State Duals.  Region 4 will most likely be Trinity and Seneca.  But they better be ready because St. X is tough.  I'd Christian Co. will come with Union out of Region 1.  Region 8 is a toss up, but I'll go with Johnson Central and Wayne Co.

I know last year, Coach Fiser said there were 2 teams from each region represented.  Region 3 Duals will be held this weekend.  It will probably be Meade Co. and Southern, and they will both go to the State Duals.  Region 4 will most likely be Trinity and Seneca.  But they better be ready because St. X is tough.  I'd Christian Co. will come with Union out of Region 1.  Region 8 is a toss up, but I'll go with Johnson Central and Wayne Co.

Good call on St.X.  Edged Seneca for second spot in Reg.4

You were right bout the JC part Wayne county didnt show up the other team is Sheldon Clark