Lets talk about the little guys...This class seems to be more open to anyone than does 70 ( Binder ) and 82 ( Ervin and Fausz).... So far from what I've seen the best 75's are from the northern kentucky area; Roth, Wiley, Erdmen, and Goshorn...You also have to throw Nelson from Fern Creek  in the mix he is tough as nails too...Then there is always a sleeper or two from eastern kentucky who will make some noise at state....What do you all think??

Sounds about right. The only other wrestler that i heard was going 75 is Chris Gilkey from Radcliff in region 1. He might make some noise at state.

I agree with you on 75,it will be a class that if  you wrestled it 5 weeks in a row you might have 5 differant winners.To me Gilkey(if he is at 75-wrestled 82 alot this year) is the one to beat.

I would love to hear more insight to this weight class, if anyone has any?  This is my sons weight class and know there is some tough competition out there that we haven't seen yet.  We are from Bourbon County and have wrestled Anderson, Woodford and Elkhorn almost all year, but have traveled around as much.

Well just from what I've seen so far I think Nelson and Wiley are at the top of the class... I know they are 1-1 against each other this year and I believe Wiley is 1-1 against Roth too... Nelson is more technical of all the kids I think and Wiley is the more aggressive and relentless...I've heard about Gilkey from another coach this year, but haven't seen him...Has he wrestled any of the above mentioned?

From what I've seen and what I'm hearing I'll go ahead and make a guess at the top 6

1. Wiley Con ( 3rd last year @ 70)

2. Nelson FC ( 4th last year @ 70)

3. Gilkey Rad ( Havent seen him just heard a lot of talk about him)

4. Roth Cop ( Pinned Wiley beginning of the year, Wiley came back to Maj. Dec him at conference)

5. Auxier JC ( 5th last year @ 70)

6. Goshorn CC and Erdmen Ryle ( Goshorn beat Wiley by 2 at Fern Creek)

From what I've seen and what I'm hearing I'll go ahead and make a guess at the top 6

1. Wiley Con ( 3rd last year @ 70)

2. Nelson FC ( 4th last year @ 70)

3. Gilkey Rad ( Havent seen him just heard a lot of talk about him)

4. Roth Cop ( Pinned Wiley beginning of the year, Wiley came back to Maj. Dec him at conference)

5. Auxier JC ( 5th last year @ 70)

6. Goshorn CC and Erdmen Ryle ( Goshorn beat Wiley by 2 at Fern Creek)

What happened to Wiley and Nelson at Fern Creek. Neither of them placed in the top four.

Goshorn CC knocked Wiley down to the consolations. Indiana kid knocked Nelson down. Wiley beat Nelson in the consolation. Wiley got beat in the consolations by a kid from Indiana. Goshorn was in the top bracket of consolations and got beat by a kid from Indiana to take 4th.

I would put Gilkey and Auxier at the top but this weight class is a toss up on any day. Wiley beat Nelson at Fern Creek and then Nelson beat Wiley at North without a lot of trouble.

It all depends on which kid shows up  with his A game on that day and where they fall in the brackets. Heres my predictions but any kid could easily shuffle up or down.

Gilkey

Auxier

Goshorn

Nelson

Wiley

Emerson from Oldham County

There all good wrestlers and just a headlock away from knocking one another out.

Goshorn CC knocked Wiley down to the consolations. Indiana kid knocked Nelson down. Wiley beat Nelson in the consolation. Wiley got beat in the consolations by a kid from Indiana. Goshorn was in the top bracket of consolations and got beat by a kid from Indiana to take 4th.

I would put Gilkey and Auxier at the top but this weight class is a toss up on any day. Wiley beat Nelson at Fern Creek and then Nelson beat Wiley at North without a lot of trouble.

It all depends on which kid shows up  with his A game on that day and where they fall in the brackets. Heres my predictions but any kid could easily shuffle up or down.

Gilkey

Auxier

Goshorn

Nelson

Wiley

Emerson from Oldham County

There all good wrestlers and just a headlock away from knocking one another out.

What was the score of the Goshorn vs Wiley match?

Well just from what I've seen so far I think Nelson and Wiley are at the top of the class... I know they are 1-1 against each other this year and I believe Wiley is 1-1 against Roth too... Nelson is more technical of all the kids I think and Wiley is the more aggressive and relentless...I've heard about Gilkey from another coach this year, but haven't seen him...Has he wrestled any of the above mentioned?

No, I don't believe he has.  The only big competition he has been in was the WCI.  Were any of these boys there?

Score of Wiley Goshorn was 4-3?? I know Goshorn got a takedown with about 5 seconds left to win, so I'm guessing that is what the score was I dont remember... And as far as Nelson not having trouble with Wiley i think you were watching a different match...It was very competitive and Wiley took Nelson down and rode him out for about 1 a min then with :02 sec left Nelson hit a sweet standing switch. Second period was lots of movement and action by both and Wiley got lazy like he normally does and got stuck, I didn't even see it coming...It was nice...Bottem line like wristandahalf either one can win on any given day... But Wiley really laid it on heavy last year to Auxier at state and Wiley has only got better so Auxier would have had to improve a lot ( not saying he hasnt) to beat Wiley or anybody I had in the top 5...Also Sheehan of East Oldham is a really tough kid as well

Thats what I said about any one of them shuffling up or down. Also I forgot to put Erdman in the mix. He has to be included somewhere. If any of them ended up in any place 1 thru 6 it wouldn't surprise me. This weight class is very balanced.

I didn't include Blanton because I figured he would have shot thru 75 up to 82 but I haven't heard one way or the other. I know he was fighting to stay at 70 last year and has to hit a growth spurt soon.

This bracket will be a fun one to watch at state.

I've watched this weight class very close this year and I'd have to say Gilkey is the kid to beat.  I have watched him dominate some very tough kids (assuming he made it to 75).  I have only seen him wrestle at 82#.  Overall this is a very deep weight class.  I think when state comes around there won't be any dominate wrestlers here, but the entire bracket should be very tough.

HardWork_Pays

(But Wiley really laid it on heavy last year to Auxier at state and Wiley has only got better so Auxier would have had to improve a lot ( not saying he hasnt) to beat Wiley or anybody I had in the top 5.)

Brad Auxier is a currently a 7th grader and only had 1/2 of a season of wrestling practice before state last year.  He is just a second year wrestler. 

HardWork if you look back at the state bracket last year you will also see in the first round Auxier pinned Willey.

JCB,

If you remember it was the first match at state and Wiley jumped out quickly to a lead and was dominating on his feet then got caught in a tight head and arm...Wiley then meet him in the conso quarter finals and beat him 16-3 so take it for what its worth

Fern Creek took a big hit for state duals,Ben Nelson is out for the season(shoulder)-he will be missed.Bindner will fill in for him at state duals.good luck to Fern Creek and Ben.

Any top matchup results from state duals? Up at Gray Emerson Oldham County beat Erdman from Gray 7 to 4. Emerson looked strong but Erdman did not look to be at the top of his game.

Erdman came back and pinned Sheehan from East Oldham in the first period with a head lock.