Sign in to follow this  
ccbcdeke

New Middle School in Jefferson Co

There is a new middle school being built in Jefferson Co.  Ramsey Middle school is located near Fern Creek and should be ready to open next school year.  Has anyone checked to see if a wrestling program can be started there?  It would be a great opportunity to start a new program at a new school.

I am actually the coach of Fern Creek's program and we have 3 of our wrestler's that I know of including my son going to Ramsey next year.  We're only a couple a minutes away from the school if their is someone looking to get their child into wrestling.

Actually my son graduates from Fern Creek this year.  I just thought that it would be another opportunity to have another team.

besides, Maybe if we have another middle school program in or around Fern Creek, one or two of the kids will actually go to the high school.  :roll:

I am actually the coach of Fern Creek's program and we have 3 of our wrestler's that I know of including my son going to Ramsey next year.  We're only a couple a minutes away from the school if their is someone looking to get their child into wrestling.

Has anyone checked to see if a wrestling program can be started there?

I will take the past eight days of silence as a resounding 'No'. 

My son mentioned that he might want to coach middle school next year, maybe he and I will look at starting a program there.  Anybody know who we should contact?

The problem with Ky wrestling shows here...Fern Creek has always had a competitive team statewide and will continue regardless.  Let's grab all we we can before they get in high school....(Trinity, You are the favorites)

It is a sad, sad, day for the state of KY.

Jefferson County - You got what you deserved,  Deflect if you want, but we have always hoped we drew your region(s)

The state doesn't support wrestling...........

That would be great!  I'd love to see another team in Jefferson Co.  We're due for a new team and the new middle school looks like it will be huge and you should be able to pull in some good numbers.  I love seeing middle school wrestling grow, it is really starting to show on the high school level.  If you need any help getting things started I'd be glad to help.

On this last post...what do you mean Jefferson Co. got what they deserved?  This last post made absolutely no sense. 

i agree that would be great to start a good jefferson co. program

So why am I the first to mention it.  There are many other people close to the school that would make much better coaches than me (since I'm fat, overweight, old and not that good of a wrestler).  Is someone else willing to step up and coach it?  My only interest is in furthering the sport, I don't have any more dogs in the fight.

The state doesn't support wrestling...........

I think the state will support what the people are interested in.  If interest in wrestling grows, so will the support.  At least that's the way it works in a utopian society.  :-D

So why am I the first to mention it.  There are many other people close to the school that would make much better coaches than me (since I'm fat, overweight, old and not that good of a wrestler).  Is someone else willing to step up and coach it?  My only interest is in furthering the sport, I don't have any more dogs in the fight. I think the state will support what the people are interested in.  If interest in wrestling grows, so will the support.  At least that's the way it works in a utopian society.  :-D

well im sure you can whip up a few good wrestlers lol but once theres a team i bet there will be coaches wondering