Sign in to follow this  
x103

Summer tournaments

Border Wars is March 22 at Conner High School. Only other one I've heard about is Battle of the Bluegrass, an AAU event in Lexington, but it doesn't have a date yet.

http://www.ohiowrestler.com

There are a lot of tourneys in ohio and its not that far away and good comp.

http://www.aauofmichigan.com/aauwrestling/aau_folkstyle2008.html

Folkstyle World Championships March 20-22 Detroit Michigan, All ages All divisions

Ohio Tournament of Champions April 26, Columbus Ohio, added an open division

Southern Nationals Concord North Carolina, March 22, comp is not so good, lots of matches but not that strong espec for an 8 hour drive, huge two day tounament with like 16 mats

Just look on the interenet at teh sorrounding state's, Indiana always has a a tournament on the weekends and find clubs that stay open in summer, lot of these high school clubs close and there is no where for the kids to roll at

KY USA Wrestling Open Tournament date's

Dates

March 15 - Union County

March 29 - Larue County

April 26      Fern Creek HS

May 3 -      KY State Folkstyle Tournament (Lafayette HS)

May 17 -    KY State Freestyle/Greco open (North Oldham)

May 24 -    Regional's - Columbus, OH

June 7 -     Battle of the Bluegrass (Lafayette HS)

June 14      Oldham County 

June 21      North Hardin

July  18-26 - 2008 Junior and Cadet Nationals - FARGO

More Dates to come

Letcher County is hosting a open tournament on April 12th.  This is a qualifier for the Tournament of Champions in Ohio.

for info e-mail Coach Frohnapfel at robert.frohnapfel@letcher.kyschools.us

There are tournaments March 7&8th at Father Ryan HS in Nashville.  It is two seperate tournaments one on each night.  You can go to one or both.  Last year it was a good competitive tournament for a off season tournament.  The one Friday night is the qualifier for the NHSCA summer nationals.

For 8th grade and below only:  There is the AAU Spring Youth Nationals on March 28-29th in Knoxville.  You won't find a big tournament closer to Kentucky.  It was a decent tournament.  Well ran with a lot of tuff kids.  I didn't think it was as tuff as other National tournaments around.  It is a good first big tournament for a kid that hasn't been to a National tournament before.

If anyone would like more info you can PM me.

Also check out this like for South East AAU.

http://www.seaausports.com/sport.php?c=wrestling

Here are the Indiana tournaments that are close to Kentucky.  There are some others further north but I didn't bother to list them.  Feel free to PM me with any questions.  We go to most of these also.

March:

21 Jeffersonville Greco Tournament Jeffersonville HS

22 Jeffersonville FreeStyle Tournament Jeffersonville HS

29 Charlestown FreeStyle Open Jeffersonville HS

April:

5 Club Madison FreeStyle Tourn. Madison HS

5 Decatur FreeStyle & Women

LaRue is not hosting a tournament March 29th. now...  because of Middle School Duals in Danville, IL..  we are looking at rescheduling in early April....    (I just informed Keith of this today)... sorry...  :)

are the gable series going to be run again this year?

Not this year,but we will pick it up next season. I have been hearing from allot of people about wanting to compete for a championship belt.

The format changed for the Father Ryan tournament this year.  It will only be one two day tournament.  Here is the link to the flier and the online registration.  If you are going to nationals I would try to make this tournament.  It's a good tuff tournament.

http://www.nashvillecatholicwrestling.com/resources/ncywaauopen.pdf

Nevermind about the Ryan tournament.  We won't be going.  High school is only on Friday.  Not sure how they are going to pull that off.  Last year it was a great tournament.