Sign in to follow this  
SpangWrestling

new guy here...just saying hello...

Hello everyone!  I am in the Air Force stationed over here in Germany.  I am not from KY or anything, but a good friend of mine from KY has not been able to shut up for the longest time about the wrestling programs you all have there.  I was a wrestler in HS...160lb...and have since started somewhat of a program here on the base that I am stationed.  Of course I am nowhere near the lean 160lb-er I was in HS, but still...I just have a pure love of the sport!!  Anyways, I've been keeping some sort of track with all that's been going on there, and I must say, the teams are looking pretty strong.  Oh, and a definite Thanks to the guys on here posting rankings and what not...I know that has to be a lot of work.  Well, good luck everyone, and I'll be keeping an eye out!!

You don't know me either but, I pray everyday for your safe return. Word is that you have to have a horse shoe stuck up your a$$ to not be in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Some kids will be joining after graduation.

I've heard: Cody Mann, Fern Creek 152 (scarecrow 152)

Dan Smith, Trinity 112 (green goblin)/USMC

I am sure there are others.

Hey i mean its a hell of an offer these days, with more and more need for recruits the services are making things to pass up but unfortunatly my plans in life have been changed and must sadly say im not joining any services... but thanks 4 knowing me so well? hmm

Hello everyone!  I am in the Air Force stationed over here in Germany.  I am not from KY or anything, but a good friend of mine from KY has not been able to shut up for the longest time about the wrestling programs you all have there.  I was a wrestler in HS...160lb...and have since started somewhat of a program here on the base that I am stationed.  Of course I am nowhere near the lean 160lb-er I was in HS, but still...I just have a pure love of the sport!!  Anyways, I've been keeping some sort of track with all that's been going on there, and I must say, the teams are looking pretty strong.  Oh, and a definite Thanks to the guys on here posting rankings and what not...I know that has to be a lot of work.  Well, good luck everyone, and I'll be keeping an eye out!!

Thanks for all you do. It's cool to hear from you. Wrestling gets in your blood, doesn't it? When I was in high school, I never saw a match, but one day my little sixth grade boy came home raving about how this guy came to his YMCA camp in North Carolina and showed them wrestling, and it was so great, and he told them about a club he could join, and could he join? That was a long time and many hours spent in sweaty gyms ago. Now he's graduated, and his little brother is an even better wrestler than he was. We can't imagine our life without it.

So, thanks for checking in. My brother, thank God, just returned from Iraq before Christmas. You are appreciated!!!

yep...that pretty much sounds like it...horse shoe and all.  haha.  its definitely not the life for all, yet still a great opportunity. 

wrestling does get in your blood.  i graduated hs and joined the AF.  i was stationed stateside for 3 and a half years, but couldnt get ANY kind of wrestling program started at my base then.  now that im here in germany, it seems like everyone wants some of the action!  ive got 2 more years here, so im sure we'll have one heck of a time in all this.  thank you much for the support though...

im going after i graduate marine corps. ....meade countys 171 is going to the  navy as well

Good for you both. Marines and Navy can both use tough, strong men shaped by wrestling. Good luck!

[/  hey there new guy just wanted to let you know my son wrestles for l.c. and he has 2 brothers in afgan. really like to thank you for defending this country no matter wher you are stationed at keep up the good work