bigdog

FIVE STAR CLASSIC TOURNAMENT

Who are the teams that are going to be at the five star classic? We are Huntington High School from Huntington W.V. Who else will be there?

larue co. harrison co. campbell co. upper urrlington,OH south oldham oldham co. lafayette scott high henry clay dixie heights hunnington WV and i do believe john hardin.

Is 12 the total # of teams? 4 pools of 3 before they match up the pool winners? Then they take the four winners from each pool to decide 1,2,3,4 with a four man bracket?

The tourney is set up of 4 pools with 4 teams in each. The 16 teams are LaRue Co., Harrison Co., Campbell Co., Upper Arlington, South Oldham, Oldham Co., Lafayette, Scott, Henry Clay, Dixie Hights, Hunnington, John Hardin, Tates Creek, Franklin Co., Christian Co., and one other team out of Ohio.

There should be some great individual match-ups here. 145 should have a few, i believe there will be a few ranked wrestlers at that weight. Also Derek Scott will prolly whip up on Warner again, but it all depends on what the out of state teams have to offer and if Stacey Miller can wrestle a little better.

We will be bringing a number of ranked guys in West Virginia from Huntington to the tournament.

103 Luther # 4

119 Fraley #1

130 Dixon #2

145 Worland #2

152 Dempsey# 9

171 Runyon #2

189 Jarrell #4

215 Thornberg #4

275 Cook #1

We will be bringing a number of ranked guys in West Virginia from Huntington to the tournament.

103 Luther # 4

119 Fraley #1

130 Dixon #2

145 Worland #2

152 Dempsey# 9

171 Runyon #2

189 Jarrell #4

215 Thornberg #4

275 Cook #1

Boy, it looks like you guys are loaded this year and that's good. Hopefully us westerners (at least west of WV) can give you all some good competition. Unfortunately, you're not going to see as many #1 and #2 guys at this tournament but you will se some highly ranked kids. BTW, sorry for the loss at Sago being originally from eastern Kentucky, I have a lot of empathy for coal miners and lost a childhood friend in the Scotia blast in 1975 or 1976 whichever year it was.

Sorry Dog,

Let me reiterate my previous post, You will see #1 and #2 125's, #1 and #2 130's, #2 189 and #1 215. There may be more and I'm not 100% sure about these rankings just my best recollection so maybe not as bad as I first thought. The two kids at 125 are for real and the two 130's are tough. #2 at 189 is from a pretty weak weight class this year and the #1 at 215 is the real deal probably the second best wrestler in Kentucky next to Jacob Murton at Lawrence County (who deafeted Seth Easter last year and placed sixth at Beast of the East). Just my take only.

Pappy , I was not bragging just making a point that we will bring some good wrestlers.Our 125 is not that tough but our 130 is a solid wrestler. Our 119 should win the state. 189 and 215 are not tough classes in W. V. as a whole but there are a few really tough guys in each class. But it is early and another month could shake a lot loose. As you probable know state to state rankings are relevent to the states compition which can very greatly. I've seen Murton and he is the real deal. He will be at a major tournament in Huntington later this month. Should make for some good matches this week end.

Didn't take anything you said as bragging at all Bigdog. You fellas are welcome in the Bluegrass anytime and I hope you have a safe trip. I was with our kids at Clarion U. camp a couple of years ago and met some pretty good WV wrestlers there...Josh Neal and his teamate Derrik Scarboro (I think was his name) along with Justin Chapman all from Shady...Spring maybe. Do you know if any of those guys are wrestling in college or not?

Pappy, I know them all. They are freinds of my son. He wrestled Chapman 2 times last year when Chapman was a senior and my son was a junior. Great matches both times. Chapman was a runner up at 140 last year. Neal was a 2 time state champ and a runner up and Scarbrough was also state champ. I also helped take these guys and my son with the W.V. NATIONAL TEAM to Fargo for the Junior nationals in 2003 and 2004. I think they are wrestling in college. I know Neal is at WVU.They were all from Shady Springs who has a great program. Neal transfered to Parkersburg for his senior year. Lost in the finals to Seth Easter, He could have won it.

Thanks bigdog, Glad to hear those kids are doing well. I kind of figured that Neal would end up possibly D1 because he seemed to have the desire to do that. My son wrestled Chapman at that camp and lost maybe twice to him when he was a sophmore. I knew the Clarion folks talked to him while he was there. I may try to look you up on Saturday and buy you a hotdog or something. I'll be with the LaRue County people, we're the ones who yell stupid things and look like we're all inbred really bad (LOL)...I know you don't have that in WV though!

The Five star tournament hosted by Laffette is held at another high school or at least it was last year.I thought we were at Tates Creek but I can't rememeber . Anyone know for sure where it will be held? Thanks.

The Five star tournament hosted by Laffette is held at another high school or at least it was last year.I thought we were at Tates Creek but I can't rememeber . Anyone know for sure where it will be held? Thanks.

the 5star will be at lafayette high school, lafayette couldnt get the gym last year because of a baskettball tourny and thats why it was held at henry claylast year, but again the 5 star will be at lafayette