Sign in to follow this  
MagicBone

BEST MATCHES AT STATE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

you thought banks and smith was good,smith wasnt even trying :wink: I told u that!!! Larue Duals it was nice!!! But my favorites were

Ozzie beating up Rusty

Joey lucking with Harrison

Big Stone making it to the Finals

If Dale goes 275 he is going to win state no doubtGet em big man

:lol:

Banks and Mines was a jiff,Banks couldve won it

Caleb Wood and Voth was a real good match

cant say much for 119

James Marks and Rusty was a good match,Rusty getting speared at the whistle,I havent seen that done to him b4

"Banks and Mines was a jiff,Banks couldve won it'

Mines was injury and still won this match but he was done after this; Mines could have been great this year it was not for his injury to his ankle; prevous loses were all Tennessee State champs, Banks I have to give it to him coming from the bottom of the bracket to finish third.

Banks and Mines was the Worst officiated match of the whole tournament! Banks shot, shot and shot and Mines was only WARNED twice for stalling. To Banks' credit, his only comment was he should have set his shots up better. Mines was very predicable (injury or not) to give a scouting report on to Brandon Howard who ended up beating Mines. As far as the Tennessee wrestiling, you are right and it seems to me that the Ft. Campbell kids have learned the mostly non-agressive wrestling style that I have witnessed there. Best of my recollection was that neither him nor Nate Johnson was on the podium Saturday night and they finished third and second respectively at the prestigous Father Ryan Invitational...must say something bout that Kentucky Rasslin when it comes crunch time! I'm not taking away from either of those two kids because they seem to be great kids and good wrestlers. It's just between the injury comment and MagicBone saying he didn't TRY in his third place match...that doesn't cut it with me and what I think about this great sport. This sport is about overcoming adversity and not making excuses for failure. Excuses are just like u know whats...everybody's got one. I can guarentee you that Iowa or Minnesota or Oklahome State (the list goes on) wouldn't want to hear it out of their wrestlers.

So what, Banks was stalling in the 3rd place match against smith,thats the only reason he won that and it was by 1.

Happy Pappy,

I didnt fail in anything, I had a great Senior Season 56 wins and only 4 losses,being that the last one was him and he got it with some good luck and thats OK!!! I've accomplished alot more than I ever have in my entire life,and I'm proud of it. Sorry you feel that way Happy Whoever! God is Good,God is Great,and this Great Sport isnt all about what you think,its about Becoming a Better person inside and out,Failure has nothing to do with it,Excuses and Explanations-There is a Difference

Noboby's critizing your accomplishments just the fact that YOU said YOU didn't try in the third place match at state. BTW Falconmatt doesn't mean coming from the bottom of the rankings (what is that?) but rather coming a long way out of the loser's bracket. The theory is this, if you lose your first match then come all the way out of the loser's bracket to capture third place, you are the winner of the iron man award. That didn't happen last year; however, I believe there were three wrestlers who lost in the second round and came back to get third: Warner, Banks and Linker. My hat's off to all three kids because they and they alone had to wrestle EIGHT matches to get their medals. Tough to do!

Well I guess I shouldnt of shared that information with you,I thought I could be real and tell the truth. That was why,its a sorry excuse,but its a fact 8) o well,its over now

Banks and Smith was a pretty good match even though neither wrestle really showed much offense in the match. I would hardly call it luck b/c Banks was leading the whole match except for one time. Banks did stall but Smith was also warned for stalling.

The first match between them was a butt kicking but Banks cut 4 and a half pounds that morning and kept getting thrown. And in the consolation final against Smith he simply stayed out of the tie up and it paid off b/c Banks had 2 take downs. So i would call it stradegy/smart wrestling if anything......not luck

you thought howard and murton was a good match? Howard is a good wretsler but it was just an easy match for murton, but he shows up when he needs to and probably would've handed it to anyone at 135 in the finals