Sign in to follow this  
exhawk

Shawn Johnson Vs. DC Evans

you speak pretty highly of yourself i wouldn't get to cocky there are a lot of better wrestlers out there than dc evans

whoa, walk before you run. i am not shawn johnson, nor have a competed for many tears, i'm just a fan. I was just curious to see what everyone thought about a 103 from last year dominating a wrestler who is considered by many to be unstopable this year. i found this interesting because so many people say that 103s have trouble ajusting to weight jumps. but know of 2  (martin and johnson) who are looking very tuff thus far. its interesting that those two worked together all summer and both are shocking the heavier kids. keep it up guys, i would like to see both of them on top of the podium this year.

you speak pretty highly of yourself i wouldn't get to cocky there are a lot of better wrestlers out there than dc evans

For everyone's infomation (I'm sure many of you know), shawn112 is not Shawn Johnson, so he isn't bragging on himself.  But that is a very impressive win.  Many of us (myself include) make a big deal about the jump from 103 to a higher weight.  And it appears that Johnson has worked hard and is prepared to make that move.

Guest 103GBM?

For everyone's infomation (I'm sure many of you know), shawn112 is not Shawn Johnson, so he isn't bragging on himself.  But that is a very impressive win.  Many of us (myself include) make a big deal about the jump from 103 to a higher weight.  And it appears that Johnson has worked hard and is prepared to make that move.

shawn 112 is not shawn johnson this is a fact aha

in shawns defense, he suffered an injury wrestling dc evans and friday was the first day he stepped on the mat in 4 weeks.  he hadn't even practiced

I was at the Region 7 duals, and I have to say that Shawn didn't appear to be injured physically, but maybe his pride was ailing. He quit in his match vs. Hedges from TC. His approach is fairly simple on the mat. He overpowers his opponents without focusing on technique. When he comes accross someone who can match him in strength, he loses his advantage. That was the case at the duals. Hedges roled through several hip-toss attempts by Johnson and showed superior mat skills. In the second period, Hedges hit a lateral drop, and Shawn stopped fighting and more or less pinned himself. I hate to see a talent like Shawn give up in a competitive match, but that was definately the case over the weekend. I didn't see his match against Voth, but I would venture a guess that technique played a factor there as well.