Sign in to follow this  
wrestler145

Top 3

E.Martin is a good wrestler but he would get beat by sullivan and evans..evans would jus over power martin and take away elliott quickness..sullivan would prolly do the same..but both evans and sullivan would beat martin

u r drunk elliot will run circles around sullivion.

Ok first of all, I have loads of respect for Ervin and Courtney. Second of all, ya Ervin is growing, but so is Courtney, 2x state champ. Third of all, Ervin is the one trying to catch Courtney. And Courtney beat Banks 4-2 in the finals of his freshmen year, Ervin beat banks 6-4 his junior year. Fourth of all, 10th among sophmores is still awesome, especially being a middle weight. I dont think they will even be in the same weight class though. Ok, im done, and good luck to Ervin and Courtney, it would be an awesome match.

it's going to be a good match. cant wait to see them underneath the lights. banks,courtney,ervin,wolsifer round robbin. for the lower sullivan, evans, zarth, martin. gives me goosebumps thinkin of these matchups

yeah im not to sure about Martin beating Sullivan but i know he can beat Voth and Evens

Was you even watching the state finals at 112 last year. Evans beat Sullivan hands down for two 1/2 periods. Had he just stalled out and rode Sullivan he would have won by more then five (not sure of the score). Sullivan only beat Voth by a couple earlier that year as well. Martin is an all american at 103 there is a huge difference in these two weight classes. 103 was a joke last year outside of Bradbury and Martin. I am not saying Martin cant hang with these guys but what I am saying is he is not ready for either of these three. Hopefully we will see depending on everybodies weight next year.

it's going to be a good match. cant wait to see them underneath the lights. banks,courtney,ervin,wolsifer round robbin. for the lower sullivan, evans, zarth, martin. gives me goosebumps thinkin of these matchups

I agree these are all great match-ups. If Zarth stays 119 he will not be touched next year by Sullivan Evans or who ever. IMO

Was you even watching the state finals at 112 last year. Evans beat Sullivan hands down for two 1/2 periods. Had he just stalled out and rode Sullivan he would have won by more then five (not sure of the score). Sullivan only beat Voth by a couple earlier that year as well. Martin is an all american at 103 there is a huge difference in these two weight classes. 103 was a joke last year outside of Bradbury and Martin. I am not saying Martin cant hang with these guys but what I am saying is he is not ready for either of these three. Hopefully we will see depending on everybodies weight next year.

yes all of this is true but you cant tell me Martin aint going to have a chance to bet these guys,  i hear Voth will be 125 and i think Sullivan will be 112 again and Evans will be 119 and so will Martin but im not sure all thats going to be true, but you cant say Martin aint going to be right there with those guys

yes all of this is true but you cant tell me Martin aint going to have a chance to bet these guys,  i hear Voth will be 125 and i think Sullivan will be 112 again and Evans will be 119 and so will Martin but im not sure all thats going to be true, but you cant say Martin aint going to be right there with those guys

Don't get me wrong I agree with you that he can probably hang with any of them, I just don't see him beating them right now. He really needs to put on some muscle in order to be able to wrestle any heavier then 103. I don't think he can handle Zarth, he is just way to strong and don't forget he won the toughest weight class last year prety soundly.

Evans is inconsistent, he hasnt convinced me just yet. Sullivan beats him like 9 times, and one time Sullivan has a bad match, but still pins him. I agree he was getting man handled though, but its all about who comes out on top. Sullivan, Martin, and Evans are all pretty close, it would be awesome matches.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you that he can probably hang with any of them, I just don't see him beating them right now. He really needs to put on some muscle in order to be able to wrestle any heavier then 103. I don't think he can handle Zarth, he is just way to strong and don't forget he won the toughest weight class last year prety soundly.

well yeah Martin should bolk up alittle but hes going to be awesome

Just for the record martin beat evans when he weighed 89 pounds wrestling 103 his sophomore year, almost pinned him. you are all in for a shock with martin. He has been wrestling MUCH better competition this summer than evans or sullivan, guaranteed. By the way zarth will be lucky to come in 4th at 119 next year. Martin and sullivan will tear him up, probably evans too. Zarth didn't look impressive at nationals.

Just for the record martin beat evans when he weighed 89 pounds wrestling 103 his sophomore year, almost pinned him. you are all in for a shock with martin. He has been wrestling MUCH better competition this summer than evans or sullivan, guaranteed. By the way zarth will be lucky to come in 4th at 119 next year. Martin and sullivan will tear him up, probably evans too. Zarth didn't look impressive at nationals.

thank you but Zarth will be going 125 

Are you serious?  Tear him up?  It's one thing to predict the 103 is going to bump up to 119 and beat the state champ, but tear him up, I don't see it.  Sounds to me like some sour grapes after that clinic in the state finals.

Very big talk for the middle of July, not sure anyone needs those kind of expectations established for them especially during the middle of summer when hardly anyone is on the mat to prove anything.

Are you serious?  Tear him up?  It's one thing to predict the 103 is going to bump up to 119 and beat the state champ, but tear him up, I don't see it.  Sounds to me like some sour grapes after that clinic in the state finals.

yeah i'm serious. At junior nationals I saw Martin beating state champs, even pinning them. Then I saw zarth get teched twice at sophpmore nationals, because he wrestled scared, he was good enough to compete, he folds when a tough kid pushes him. Chui didn't push zarth, sullivan and martin will, and i expect the same result unless he turns a corner.

I really like Elliot Martin, I have been able to watch him since he was in middle school and I think he has improved as much as any high school wrestler.

I see on the results page for NHSCA Elliot pinned one opponent from VA, who may have very well been the State Champ from VA, and I am impressed with Elliot's performance at NHSCA, he did very well at that level of competition.

Has he been to other Nationals and beat top ranked kids?

I dont think he almost pinned Evans from my recollection Evans was beating him pretty bad and got caught high with his legs in. Better competition maybe at a much lighter weight so that is kind of a joke. Zarth would own Martin and that is a fact. Zarth and Evans wrestled last year with Zarth winning by two, but a very good match it was. I am pretty sure Elliot was like 100 pounds not 89 so lets not exaggerate here. I agree with the other posts that  this is July and make the predictions all you want but we will see come February. All of these guys are good wrestlers and this is the order I would put them based on last years performances, Zarth- too strong and won the toughest weight at state hands down. Sullivan- has not been beat in 3 years, plan on him going 112 to protect that record. Evans-improving every match but yes inconsistent but too very strong. Martin possibly the most technical but needs to put on some real muscle to compete with any of these three, if he gets stronger he could be in the mix.

I have to agree with Prowler, they are all good but the man to beat in the lightweights has to be Sullivan, his 3 yr record speaks for itself.

I like Zarth because he's young and his Coach is one of the best, so I expect he will get better each year.

Shawn112,

What kind of competition has Martin been wrestling this summer that you keep referring to? Not doubting you, just curious where he has been wrestling?

I have to agree with Prowler, they are all good but the man to beat in the lightweights has to be Sullivan, his 3 yr record speaks for itself.

I like Zarth because he's young and his Coach is one of the best, so I expect he will get better each year.

Shawn112,

What kind of competition has Martin been wrestling this summer that you keep referring to? Not doubting you, just curious where he has been wrestling?

some of the very best in the country, they are not 103's, an he is winning, i'll leave it at that

1. Deon Chaney(FERN)

2. Derek Nickel(DOSS)

3. Matt Green(LAF)

hey didnt DEREK NICKEL beat Deon Chaney ?? so how you got  him 2 JW

but if i am not mistaken, matt green beat nickel twice last year so it is a toss up in this weight class.  you cant go wrong with any picks