Sign in to follow this  
down and dirty

Doss High NEEDS A HEAD COACH?

I just got a private  message that said Doss needed a head coach. Why isn't everyone jumping all over this. I was told they have a returning state champ and all their team has been practicing all summer and going to tournaments and camps. Sounds like a GREAT place to be. Also was told they have new equipment and they have great parent support. I think some of us better look in to this. I had asked sometime ago and thought they had filled it but they have not. Whay coach in his right mind would not want this.

Down and dirty, I thought you said you wanted to apply for the job, but you couldn't find it on the website.  If you got a personal message, then go ahead and apply.  That is of course unless you can't coach for some reason.  Why are you begging everyone else on this website to do so?!  Maybe you don't have the time, college hours or whatnot.  I'm sure they will find someone to coach your son and yes I know who this is.  Like I sent you in a PM, e-mail the athletic director if you want the job!

I don't know who you think I am, but if you want to coach my son you may have to wait. he is 8 months old. My name is Ed Peterson they call me Tyler and I don't live in Jefferson County. But I have a coach friend of mine that contacts me with info. I tried to contact Doss ad he is on vacation and I couldn't reach him. I have already taken a job. So when the season starts and you are coaching Doss I will come over and introduce myself to you. Thanks and Good luck

Okay, Tyler, why are you so interested in this position?  This is the second thread on this website you have started in the last 3 weeks about the Doss job.  I just find that a little odd.  You seem to know an awful lot about this program, not to be associated with it in some way.  By the way, who told you they had new equipment?  I was a coach there last year and still try to keep in contact with some people and I didn't even know that!  What they need is a new wrestling room.  It gets old sharing the auxillary gym with the dance team and cheerleaders on a daily basis.  Anyway, I am not coaching at Doss next year.  Last year, Doss waited until the week before the season started to hire myself and the other coach.  Unfortunately, it seems they are heading in that direction again this year and I don't want to wait.  I am leaning towards accepting another position as an assistant coach elsewhere.  So if you would still like, you can PM me and I will tell you where so that way you can see what tournaments we are at and you can still come over and introduce yourself.

Like I said I have a coach friend of mine I went to school with that lives in Jefferson County. He has been trying to talk me into moving down there. I saw you and the other coach last year and I loved the way the team tried hard and the way your state champ wrestled. Like I said I tried to reach the AD and after 6 phone calls and no returns and a few emails no replies. I gave up. The school I was at had to know now if I was leaving or not. They offered a few things so now I am staying. I just heard they did not have a coach yet and it seemed that the way this team did someone would like to coach them. I am all for the kids. And my friend told me last year they had to hurry and find you guys and you did a great job. Anyway enough said about that. I already have a job and I hope Doss will hire you. At least you know the kids.

I appreciate the compliment.  I wish I could coach them again, but unfortunately, since I am not a teacher, I am not a priority.  I don't like it, but sometimes things don't go your way.  Anyway, the kids are great at Doss.  They work hard and are very respectful.  I just hope they don't find themselves in the same situation they were in last year with the coaching situation because the kids don't deserve that.  I agree that overall this is a good job.  There are a few minor setbacks but what job doesn't have a few.  I know Autozone has been asking about head coaching jobs.  Maybe he can apply for this one if he is a teacher. :-) 

Well I am a teacher, and it is very hard to transfer from my county to Jefferson. It takes forever. I am not trying to blow smoke here, but my friend said you did a great job there. And after you pm'd me I tried, but I had a dead line and it was running out. No answers from the AD so I gave up and just assumed you were going to go ahead and take it. I have met several of the fathers on the team and they seem to be really nice. I believe 3 of the fathers I have seen at several of the tournaments. One I know was the 215's father and one was the 285 and the other was a smaller kid. They all seem very nice and spoke highly of you and they just  knew you were going to be the coach next year. Gee I hope your wrong about them waiting so long again. You should knock down the door and tell them to give it to you. Or better yet, get the three fathers I met and have them go to the ad and tell him they want you. They all seem to like you enough. Well nice talking to you good luck. I will see you later this year. Bed time some of us have to teach summer school!!!!!!!!!