Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

Longest active dual meet win streak against regional oppenents...

What are some of the longest streaks that teams have still going without losing a match to a team in their region? I know that Union County's goes back to the 02-03 season since the last time they lost a dual meet to anyone in their region.

The Brandon Wrestling team holds the national record for most consecutive wins by a high school sports team (423). This accomplishment is often referred to as "The Streak."[1][2] The team also boasts 18 Florida Team State Championships and over 100 state placers.[2] The state placers are listed on the west wall of the Brandon Wrestling Workout room by first initial, last name, followed by their place and the particular year they placed.[1]

and over 100 state placers.[2]

not to take anything away from this team but in KY we have at least 6 teams with 100 or more placers.

Woodford (who has 200+)

Hopkinsville

Campbell Co.

Trinity

Saint Xavier

Union County

Other teams that either already have or are close

Christian Co.

Simon Kenton

Eastern

Woodford went on some long dual meet streak in the 80's to 90's.  Not really sure the importance, it was before my time and they weren't that great back then, so I'm not sure what the deal was.  Again, someone else will know.

We didn't come close to Brandon Florida but my High School went 13 seasons without a loss.  I was fortunate to be a part of 4 of those seasons and two state titles.

The thread question is longest dual win streak against regional opponents.  Not longest win streak, but against regional opponents.  I do believe that LaRue County has not lost a dual meet against a regional opponent since 1997-98 season.  A few "close" calls, but against regional opponents, LaRue is undefeated for 9 seasons now. 

This upcoming season will be a tough season to continue that record as LaRue has lost a ton of seniors and John Hardin and North Hardin are going to be  tough.  Also, LaRue has been 9 time regional champions as well.  Another record that will be hard to continue for this upcoming season.

We didn't come close to Brandon Florida but my High School went 13 seasons without a loss.  I was fortunate to be a part of 4 of those seasons and two state titles.

What high school?

The loss to dunbar this yr. snapped a 30 yr run for woodford as region champs (I think). Not sure about duals, though.  That really puts the Butler injury in perspective for you outsiders. WOODFORD DOMINATED!

What high school?

Buckeye High School in Northeastern Ohio.