Ridge215

Wrestling Music

Im making a wrestling mix and I was wondering what youall listened to before matches to get pumped up!?!?

No wrestling mix would be complete without EYE of THE TIGER. And I also like the Chicago Bulls warm up song. Finish my list!!!

Guest Anonymous

You can't go wrong with Journey, seager or some of that stones musak! :shock:

Not to start off on the wrong foot with the new digs here...but...

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say that I can't think of a less motivating band than Journey other than perhaps some boy-band crap. The only thing Journey ever motivated me to do wasn't anything athletic. Well, at least not a sport I'd want to share with a bunch of spectators. :wink:

I used to know someone who worked out and trained to strictly techno because of the fast beat. Worked well for him, gave me a headache.

BYOB - System of a Down. It's fast, pumping and strong. Not that I "train" for wrestling, but it's a great song to workout to. I have that particular song programmed in so that 20 minutes into cardio (when I'm getting ready to hit the wall), I step it up a notch to keep up with the music. As a matter of fact, on my workout mix, there's quite a few SOD songs.

I tried to program them so that I could do cardio at an interval pace, fast-fast-slower, fast-fast-slower. I like Violent Fems, Sublime & White Stripes for the slower songs. That way I can concentrate on keeping up with the music instead of keeping track of time on the machine (which sucks). I don't really do music during weights, it's a public gym and I'm not so great at headphones and free weights at the same time, the friggin' wire gets in the way and I can't keep my heartrate up when I'm constantly readjusting my earbuds.

SOAD's music is good for pumping you up during lifting workouts and stuff. However, the pre-match song i wish existed when i wrestled ending back in 96 is 'Only One' by Slipknot. Its off their first album.

I would also strongly recommend '5 Minutes Alone' and 'Walk' both by Pantera.

I'll say try downloading those from iTunes online store, since i'm not allowed to recommend doing anything illegal on here. 8)

All of these are slower but outrageously strong rhythm driven songs. They're good for pumping you up before a match but not whipping one into a frenzy as would something like BYOB and doing something dumb when you go to wrestle.

:twisted: sdceicil, i totally agree with you on that choice. my choice of music is between hard rock and rap i always make me a CD with the songs that gets my adrenaline goin the most.

let the bodies hit the floor- drowning pool' date=' that is the best song ever too get pumped up too! it gives me cold chills[/quote']

It gives me cold chills too. I love that song. I also like listening to eye of the tiger!!! #1 wrestling song

yes "eye of the tiger" is the greatest. "lunitic fringe" from the vision quest soundtrack is anothern good one. I personally like older music to warm up to Like "push it to the limit" by like Paul i forget his last name and "she's on fire" from Amy Holland both also from the scarface soundtrack. oh an "I'm eighteen" by alice copper.