Sign in to follow this  
plee

2007 Border Wars qualifying tournament at Conner

Who all's going?  This tournament is on 3/24, I'm getting pretty good contacts on it (better than last year at this point), so it looks like we will hit the 300 cap - last year we had 255.  Last year there was a LOT of great h.s. wrestling in it.  Come on out, it should be a good time.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi everyone,

Please do not mail your registrations to Conner H.S., please mail them per the instructions on the registration form.

Thanks.

Pat

Where can I get a copy of entry form?

There's an attachment included in my first post.  Click on that.  Some people have reported problems with this.  Let me know if you have a problem opening it, and I'll email it to you.  We have wrestlers confirmed from Evansville, In & Cleveland, Oh so far.

Here is some information on hotels near Conner for out of town wrestlers.  So far the response is good, we have a kid from Cleveland, 2 or 3 kids from Evansville, In...and today 3-4 kids from Davison, Michigan.  1 h.s. hwt, and a couple of little kids.  Should be interesting.

Ask for the group rate for the "Cougar Kids Wrestling tournament"

Cincinnati Airport Marriott

2935 Progress Dr.

Hebron, Ky 41048

(859) 586-0166

(800) 228-9290

Hampton Inn, Airport North

755 Petersburg Rd.

Hebron, Ky 41018

(859) 689-1960

(800) 426-7866

Marriott is $99 per night, the Hampton Inn is $85 (i think).  The hampton inn includes a breakfast buffet.  These are both within 2-3 miles of Conner High School.

is there an 18+ division??

No.  It's 15-18.  But h.s. kids that graduated this year, and qualify for this (at 18 years of age) can still wrestle in the border wars national championships held in November of next year - even if they turn 19 before then.

Any update on who will be there or who has registered?????

We have around 25-30 kids preregistered (not including any kids from Conner) with 3-5 more showing up each day.  I haven't looked closely at the names, so i can't tell you of any standouts...I have had 3 kids from Davison, Michigan pre-register, 3 kids from Evansville, In, & 1 kid from Cleveland, Oh.  We also usually get a flood of pre-registers in the final week before the tournament....and 80% of the total wrestlers weigh in & register on Fri & Sat.  So 25-30 is not a bad number at this point.  With 2 other tournaments going on in the state on this same day, it's hard for me to guess what type of turn out we are going to have.  Hopefully all 3 tourneys have a good day.

Do you have a list of entries yet?

I do not have a list of entries in a spreadsheet or anything like that.  There are 60 kids pre-registered which is pretty decent.  I am working out some details to allow a couple of schools to host remote weigh ins.  If a coach is interested in doing this, please PM me.

Am i to assume its going to be in the same format as last year with one six minute period and basically all takedowns and a power outage

Yes, same format, hopefully no power outage.  Sorry, I can't predict the weather.

I've been asked by some wrestlers if it is ok to enter multiple weight classes or age groups.  The answer is yes, you can enter up to 2 entries MAX (either 2 age groups or 2 weight classes).  The cost is $5.00 for the second entry.  This is a good way to get some extra matches in.  The only warning I have about this is if you enter 2 entries, it is possible for you to be called up back to back.  Be prepared...we will not be able to accomodate extra rest time for wrestlers who do this!!

whats the weight class for HWT and do you need a USA wrestling car and what kinda singlet do you need and does it have to be a new USA wrestling card

i would go but i dont have a ride im still trying to get one

whats the weight class for HWT and do you need a USA wrestling car and what kinda singlet do you need and does it have to be a new USA wrestling card

i would go but i dont have a ride im still trying to get one

You do not need any cards.  Insurance is covered in the price of registration.  The weight class for HWT is 285.

What about the singlet, t-shirts have been okay in the past, shoes?

Yes, you must wear shoes!  ;-)  Obviously, singlet & wrestling shoes is preferred, but not required.  Shorts & t-shirt is ok...but they should not be too loose fitting.  Think Brady Bunch.