Sign in to follow this  
LOWsingle140

Qualification for Nationals

I know that there was a previous topic about this and the poster said you must be a state placer. I want someone to verify this, I have heard it wasnt true.

no you just have to be in the grade you are competing in i believe correct me if im wrong!

OK, first you owe me $10.  Freshman, So, Jr.  first 800 preregistered.  Must have that year of elgibility.

Seniors, little more complex- basically for KY boys-previous state champ or runner up from any year or All American from junior nationals, check the website to be sure.

Once again class!  type in www.nhsca.com  link to sports, choose wrestling.  click the appropriate age division, if you are a sophomore, click sophomore nationals.  First paragraph says-Elgibility.  I am typing slow so some of you can keep up.   

by the way, now you owe me another $10

why is this so hard to understand?  and by the way, there is no way you can get accepted if you finish third (houze).  you must have wrestled in the finals 1 year to go to senior nationals.

why is this so hard to understand?  and by the way, there is no way you can get accepted if you finish third (houze).  you must have wrestled in the finals 1 year to go to senior nationals.

well there is a couple kids that got 3rd that are signed up this year so explain that?

low man, They will accept 3rds, but it is not an automatic bid.  In other words, you must apply and be accepted.  If you are not sure, contact the NHSCA, speak to Joe Boardwine.

As for Houze, they must have felt sorry for him because he sure didn't get in on looks! 

Sorry Houze, I couldn't resist.

each state is allowed one wild card which is any senior regardless of where he placed. but for sophmore junior and freshman nationals all you have to do is be in that grade. also you are allowed to write in eith your accomplishments and ask for a spot.  

My coach wrote to NHSCA for me to get chosen..something about giving the state champ his only loss that yr. Ive never been in the state finals low single

Not sure about the current rules, but when I was a senior, placing 3rd at state qualified you for Nationals(due to not being separated into classes).  I was handed the paperwork right after the awards ceremony. Although, the rules and qualification process may be different now....