South End Wrestling Club would like to invite anyone interested to our sign-up

Wed Feb 28 2007 @ 6:00 PM. Club will meet at the rear of Iroquois High School

in the wrestling room.

Open to all ages

Membership fees and particulars will be discussed wed night

Shorts, T-shirts, wrestling shoes or tennis shoes will be required

PM me if you have any futher questions

Guest RaiderCoach

You must have a USAW card plus a $5 club fee.  The club fee goes towards the cost of the charter.  We are in the process of working out a practice schedule.  If you are interested in joining you can reply with the days of the week and times that are most convenient for you.

Guest RaiderCoach

We had a successful 1st night but we would still like to see more of you Region 3 wrestlers come out.  We are practicing a different style each night from freestyle, greco and folkstyle.  We will be practicing Monday and Wednesday nights at 6 p.m. in the Iroquois Wrestling room.  If you have any questions PM me.  Our membership as of the first night looks like this:

Head Instructors:  Shawn Cosgrove, Dale Nickel

Leonard Williams (Doss)

Aaron Cosgrove (Doss)

Billy Cahill (Doss)

Derek Nickel (Doss)

Derrick Lawson (Doss)

Jarrid Perrson (Doss)

Alex Hacker (Doss)

Brandon Nix (Doss)

Lantis Brown (Doss)

Wesley Lewis (Doss)

Kyle Cosgrove (Doss Alum)

BeShaun Moore (Iroquois)

Rashaun Graham (Iroquois)

Jacob Colston (PRP)

when is the next one and how much?

Its mondays and wedsndays....at 6p.m........its $25 for your usaw card and $5 club fee.....mat space is open and instruction is good.....be there or be square!

I thought we had a good practice, everyone seemed to get a good work-out but input is appeciated

Wed's focus will be Greco i know not many of you are very well versed in this style but we have several guys that have placed very well in this style and think we can make you all more welll rounded wrestlers based on our variety of styles

Come and join us there is strength in numbers

Going back to the poll question... I think that practices are organized fairly well. I would include more technique training and extend time to 8:00pm. 3 hours a week is equivalent to one practice forreal. Just doesnt seem like enough. A little more time would enable us to include the small area that the poll proves we seem to be lacking in.

Just a suggestion from a fellow instructor.

I agree. I think it should last until 9. That would allow for alot more technique and live wrestling which is, IMO, what most of us need. The level of wrester is better than I thought. Guys like Derek Nickel, Hector Rosado, Kevin Porter, and many other solid wrestlers are members. I encourage everyone in the area to come out and give it a try. It should be really good for those summer slackers to get in some wrestling and conditioning.

Thanks Danger we are trying to accomidate everyone, however we are limited to how late the school says we can be there.

I personally think practice tonight was very good alot of people have no basic knowledge of greco/roman so all went well, our next focus will be freestyle i think everybody will get more practical use from our next session, it can be hard to juggle 3 styles but it will help everyone in the long run

We had record attendance tonight by the way

Thanks all who attended

Coach Nickel

South End Wrestling Club members. If you want an extra night of wrestling just bring your USA Wrestling cards to Moore on Thursdays open mat from 7:00-about 8:30. No charge, just need your card. Great to hear your having a good turn out Coach Nickel.

Thanks Danger we are trying to accomidate everyone, however we are limited to how late the school says we can be there.

I personally think practice tonight was very good alot of people have no basic knowledge of greco/roman so all went well, our next focus will be freestyle i think everybody will get more practical use from our next session, it can be hard to juggle 3 styles but it will help everyone in the long run

We had record attendance tonight by the way

Thanks all who attended

Coach Nickel

The greco drills and stuff are really good for us. Not only does it make us more well rounded with our wresting on our feet, but it's a great upper body workout.

just want to put my two cents worth in... as one of the coaches i have to say i am very pleased with all the young men who have chosen to sign up. its a great group.everybody is working hard, and i can tell they want to progress with their wrestling skills.we are growing very fast.if everyone continues throughout the summer and attends as many tournaments as they can.the benefits will be seen come next year at regionals and state. thats a guarantee.also we will pick a few tournaments this year to enter as a team.with the group we have we will do well.keep it up guys, and thanks for joining southend wrestling.

shawn cosgrove

Live wrestle is important but you can run on your own. The place is not big enough with all the people we have So instructions and live wrestle to me is the most important. Today is Saturday and I was up at  8:00 and ran 2 miles and plan on working out afternoon and the run again later For me since I missed last year I need to bone up on the basics again and get as much live wrestle as I can. Especially since Wed. night I was sick and again missed live wrestling. Running in there with every one else just takes away time I could get live wrestling in. As a former U OF L coach used to stay he did not make his team run wind sprints he ran them on the field doing plays instead of taking time away from his practice just to run. Seems as though it worked U OF L did pretty good last year. I say run on your own MORE INSTRUCTION AND LIVE WRESTLE

basically I agree with you. When I meant live wrestling I meant wrestling each other on the new moves. I have already learned a few new moves just from Coach Nickle I plan on using this summer after missing last year I need to brush up on some of the new moves you have learned and there is no other place to do it is when you teach them then we use them. I was just stating I want to learn as much during the practice and wrestle with them to see how it works on different people and run and condition on my own I don't want time from learning taken aay just to run in the small building

What is the situation with singlets? If we do the pizza fundraiser, when are we gettin' the forms? Also, what were the decided designs on singlets and shirts?

I'm gonna bump this topic back up because I think it's important we keep it goin'. We would love to see more wrestlers come out to South End Wrestling Club. More and more people come every week so there seems to be a legitimate interest. There is bound to be someone you know in the area that's goin' so come on out and gets some mat time in. We have wrestlers from Doss, Desales, Iroquis, Central, PRP, Ballard, Southern, and I think some more.

I'm gonna bump this topic back up because I think it's important we keep it goin'. We would love to see more wrestlers come out to South End Wrestling Club. More and more people come every week so there seems to be a legitimate interest. There is bound to be someone you know in the area that's goin' so come on out and gets some mat time in. We have wrestlers from Doss, Desales, Iroquis, Central, PRP, Ballard, Southern, and I think some more.

Holy Cross

Derrick, did I spell that right?

You going to come to the Mena clinic again this year at Moore? If you do can you try to persuade the other South End guys to come. It's only $30.00.