Sign in to follow this  
GB-The-Sportsman

Best matches at state this weekend.

Im with SkWrestling119 on this one. Thueneman and Courtney was an amazing match, and had me very excited being that it was my own weight class an all, but Mitch Ervin go the MOW award this year... and he very well could have been beaten in the Quarters by Golsby. It was a very close match and towards the end there were some very questionable points that could have been award but were not. The suspence was tearing the arena apart between the two wrestlers. Ones side shouting Golsby's name, the other chanting Ervin's. Being that John Golsby was the only wrestler from Holmes in the tournament, he received a lot of support from many other school that will probably agree with me when i say "That match should have been in favor of John Golsby." And had he wrestled the same way through-out the tournament he most definatly would have place Third wrestling back which would have proven my point. Though he didnt... so it remains my thesis.

Yea. I think John should have got his 2 in the last seconds of that match. He stepped it up and beat Ervin, but didn't get his hand raised.

i think Evans did an outstanding job and that although Sullivan ended up pulling it together at the end, it should definitely be noted that Evans had control the majority of the time, was ahead by what - 5 points? and didn't lose it until the last 50 seconds.

i think Evans was way underestimated and deserves respect & recognition. GOOD FOR HIM :)

How underestimated can a kid be when he was 47-6 going into the finals, and all six losses are to Sullivan?

All 6 to Sullivan?  If this is accurate then that makes his match more significant, because he had to put major effort into his plans to get to the finals and then beat Sullivan, which almost happened.  Good lesson for all wrestlers. I was sitting on pens & needles waiting for my son's match but remmember seeing their score and thinking "is this really going to happen?".  I don't know Evans, but, you can stop saying things like he "deserves" respect, because brother, he's got it!

I agree with Chicks Dig Scars in the 285 match it was just full of confusion at the end. I found out that Bailey for being such a big guy can fly. But by far my faveriote match was the 215 finals. It was suprising I never had Nickel in the finals. So when Derek started pulling ahead me and the other Doss guys were going crazy.