Sign in to follow this  
CCFullerHWT

The Beauty of The State Tournament

that the dome has 438 lights and 111,987,567 cylinder blocks

i know about the lights, i counted them while i was on my back when i was in the seventh grade my first year down state.

The opening ceremonies are neat.  And the introduction under the spotlight before the final round is exciting.  Larue County did this for their region two finals and it was awesome.  I've been to alot of region tournaments, and this was the best.  Larue really outdid themselves with the keepsake programs, opening ceremonies, and finals introductions.  

The opening ceremonies are neat.  And the introduction under the spotlight before the final round is exciting.  Larue County did this for their region two finals and it was awesome.  I've been to alot of region tournaments, and this was the best.  Larue really outdid themselves with the keepsake programs, opening ceremonies, and finals introductions.  

You are absolutely correct and nailed it.  The championship posters were great also(2).  The chills were in the air with the music and face offs.  Well done Larue County and congratulations on a great showing of wrestlers in the finals.

Thanks Teresa,

That was some of my idea early on, but David Dawson (A.D.) and Canter took it over and pulled it off very nicely. My thinking was since the paper was there as well as HCEC TV, why not try to give this sport a little publicity by taking the finals up "another notch"!. The crowd was good and they provided a good noise level I thought. I can't wait to see how it turns out on television. Special thanks to Steve Webb for announcing, another great job by him, unfortuanately, he won't be able to make the state tournament this year. I hope all of the wrestlers enjoyed the tournament and especially those involved in the finals. Maybe our job of hosting the tournament will set a standard for the next host(s) to spice things up a bit. I have been president of the best booster club in the state for the last several years and I have to commend my boosters for always being there for the kids and putting in the toime and energy to make things happen. Good luck to everyone at Frankfort this week and I pray everyone stays healthy during the tournament.