Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

State bracket - 112

Pardon the format and the missing region 4 names, but I wanted to go ahead and post these for those interested.  I'm going to be working on filling in my brackets and completing my finals rankings/predictions tonight and tomorrow.  I you see any errors just let me know.  Remember it is #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3.

1A Smith (Tri)

4C Cyle Martinson (Dav Co)

3H Rusch (NO)

2E Supe (Scott)

2G Thompson (Lar Co)

3F c. Spenser - JC

4D Connor Johnstone (Fair)

1B Voth (PD)

1C Adam Carr (Un Co)

4B Feese (Laf)

3G Terry (CH)

2F Evans - Whit Co

2H Bisenius (SO)

3E Hale (New)

4A reg 4 #4

1D Arthur Ohmes (Meade)

---

1E Scheuer (Ryle)

4G Wallace (JH)

3A reg 4 #3

2C Decoreus Leavell (Chr Co)

2D Nick Reichmuth (PRP)

3B Miller (Wood Co)

4H Nocito (Bal)

1F T.Sullivan - Way Co

1G Demery (NH)

4F Patrick - Ash

3C Robbie Sahms (FtCamp)

2B Carpenter-Frazier (Mon Co)

2A Warra (Sen)

3D Chris Barrett (Sou)

4E Spahr (CC)

1H Weixler (FC)

One match that you forgot is the Spencer vs. Voth match in the second round.  Spencer was upset on sort of a freak situation against a good wrestler in the regional semis, and he is still very capable of beating Voth.  I watched the Voth/Carpender-Frasor match in the Region 7 finals, which was a good match, but Corey beat Ross 6-0 just a couple weeks earlier.  I foresee a rematch of the '05 semis, where Spencer and Carr went down to the wire...

Looks like this is set up to be another Carr vs. Sullivan finals match.

I do believe that will be the finals match but Evans is wrestling really tough beating Spencer in the Semis at regional and losing o Sullivan 6-7 in finals. Could be a great second round match. I also think Spencer will beat Voth in the second round.

yeah i didnt notice spencer, i forgot about him really, he has been 119 all year. him and voth should be an interesting match, kind of a clash of styles if you ask me.

Carr and Spencer had a great match 2 years ago. I believe Carr will pull through again but this time not have such a close match. Spencer lost to Puckett from Union last year and Carr is better than Puckett.

Talking about a Spencer/Carr rematch assumes that Spencer beats Voth, which will be a good match, and that Carr beats Evans, which much of the state will be surprised at how good Evans is and how close that match will be.  If it does happen, I think that it will hard to compare to the match two years ago becasue of time, or to the Chance Puckett match because Spencer was undersized at 112 last year especially compared to Puckett.  Only one thing is sure, and that is that these guys will have to wrestle well against quality wrestlers to get to the finals.

Talking about a Spencer/Carr rematch assumes that Spencer beats Voth, which will be a good match, and that Carr beats Evans, which much of the state will be surprised at how good Evans is and how close that match will be.  If it does happen, I think that it will hard to compare to the match two years ago becasue of time, or to the Chance Puckett match because Spencer was undersized at 112 last year especially compared to Puckett.  Only one thing is sure, and that is that these guys will have to wrestle well against quality wrestlers to get to the finals.

That is very well said.