Sign in to follow this  
dragonballz

mow mustang classic- derek nickel!!!!

nickel the 215 from doss finaly makes it over the hump. he beat jordan dockery in the finals today in a thriller. he escaped as time was running out and the score tied. that made two state ranked wrestlers in one day that he beat. his team had a good showing also finishing fifth. cosgrove at 135 lost in the finals to zach poulton. wes lewis took third at 119, and billy cahill took third at 130. only ten teams showed up, but there were some exiting matches. one of the best run tournys of the year.the team finishes were     1. senneca  2. south oldham  3. central   4. north oldham 5. doss 6. fairdale 7. valley  8. all stars 9. holmes   10. kcd

I was there and it was a great match. Im very glad to see Nickel finally beat someone of significance. I think this showed us all that he was capable of doing what he needed. I also liked the way the entire Doss team was right next to the mat chanting and cheering him on; "Lets go Nickel, clap, clap, clap clap clap". The whole entire gym was cheering for Nickel and countless people shook his fathers hand afterwards. Great job Derek

I can say derek nickel was the best wrestler i faced all year.. he will do great at state, great job derek and best of luck to you at state i know i will be cheering for you man.