Sign in to follow this  
Lowsingle

What Individuals Impressed You at State Duals?

What individuals impressed you at state duals?  I didn't get to see a lot of the good match-ups but from what I saw I think the most impressive wrestlers were:

Wayne County's light weights (I didn't get to see the Daniels vs. Parks match)

Parks and Lewis (not sure if Lewis will beat Voth though)

Voth is a beast at 125

The Zeppa brothers looked tough

Matt Slone beat Zeppa but looked a little shaken up against Daniels

Starks, Jones, and Kelly all three looked very tough.  Starks is a very complete wrestler, Jones looked very good on his feet, and Kelly has incredible strength.

Adam Dials handled Winters 11-0

Peace looked very tough

Banks is a monster

Byrd is a giant but not much gas in the tank, makes me wonder if an in-shape heavy weight can take him all three periods and pull off a big win.

How did Fuller, Cornette, Zarth, and Ashbrook look?

adam carr beat dan smith handily, voth beat ryle pretty solidly, cornett teched PRP and beat Warra 15-4, parks wrestled tough all day, and i thought the dunbar 119 looked pretty solid as well

adam carr beat dan smith handily, voth beat ryle pretty solidly, cornett teched PRP and beat Warra 15-4, parks wrestled tough all day, and i thought the dunbar 119 looked pretty solid as well

If your talking about Jon Voth and Schuer he didnt win very handily, because Schuer took him down multiple times and lost because he got headlocked in the first but nevertheless he did loose but only by a few points