Sign in to follow this  
Guest ihawk

State Duals

yeah woodford's losses were some pretty big upsets. i didnt see them coming at all. i didnt really watch many other matches than that. when LaRue went on a pin streak during the woodford match it was pretty crazy in there. but other than that i didnt notice any.

Yeah that pinning streak was pretty intense

Guest ZachRichardson3

yeah there was about a 5 minute stretch of nothing but the start. people yelling. woodford people gettin upset and then the slap for a pin and a roar from LaRue. it was awesome actually. i didnt think that there could possibly be a winning streak that long on a team like woodford co.

Guest ihawk

Think it was 37-35 with Larue forfeiting last match against Woodford.  LaRue's 103 looked good in a tough match at the end.  Carmen (125?) had a tough day but looked weak.  Expect him to do damage now in States.  Woodford started strong (unlike last year) and got worse as the score got closer.  Complete opposite of last year when Larue blew a 25+ point lead and hung on to win.

Larue's day went like this:  Harrison Co, Woodford, Wayne, Seneca, Dunbar.

PS Another good match was Dunbar's Nick Leddy (I think) and Larue's Matt Miller.  Leddy caught Miller napping and had him inches from losing until Miller got his feet moving.  Close but no cigar and proves anything can happen anytime....Proved to be a turning point in the match, too.

Last wrestling match I've been to (here in KY) was last years Duals.  Both have been great entertainment and Henry Clay runs a good tournament.

Think it was 37-35 with Larue forfeiting last match against Woodford.  LaRue's 103 looked good in a tough match at the end.

Yeah larues 103 is going to make a suprise run at state i do believe, coming on strong from haveing an early ankle injury and wrestling 112 most of the year......i think he should probably take regions....

ya how do's ever another feel that noth oldham that everone thought that they would not get in to the top 10 ands they got 9th and they put there A game on and even there 285 put in his A game in the last macth.  :mrgreen:

oa by the gosh dorn way Fern creek 285 quite the team to join a step them so tell my what is going on Fern Creek  :evil:

ya how do's ever another feel that noth oldham that everone thought that they would not get in to the top 10 ands they got 9th and they put there A game on and even there 285 put in his A game in the last macth.  :mrgreen:

oa by the gosh dorn way Fern creek 285 quite the team to join a step them so tell my what is going on Fern Creek  :evil:

He had a shoulder injury and couldn't wrestle, so he decided to do something else. Thanks for trying to say something about Fern Creek.

I don't see why everyone is so hyped over North getting 9th when they snuck in past a team that was favored to take everything.

Matt Baker - Doug Winter

Jordan Dockery - Matt Baker

Doug Winter - Jake Shipp

Adam Dials - Doug Winter

Jordan Dockery - Jake Shipp

Those were some good matchups at 215

Matt Baker - Doug Winter

Jordan Dockery - Matt Baker

Doug Winter - Jake Shipp

Adam Dials - Doug Winter

Jordan Dockery - Jake Shipp

Those were some good matchups at 215

is that the order in which they won?

Agree with you there.  Was the roar I heard at the Trinity/Woodford Co mat Coty Lewis Losing?  Also, I think Seneca's Elliott Martin bit the bullit, too, against North Hardin in another upset.

Are you saying Elliott Martin beating Coty Wood was an upset?? How can he upset someone when he is undefeated? He manhandled wood. Elliott face wipped him to his back, wood cryed off his back. Then Elliott cradled him and stuck him, in the first period...................

The Harrison Co 125 is Trevor Maxwell.  He wrestled the last 2 years and quit earlier this season.  He came back last week.  He had been to 4 practices and was a little out of shape (understatement).  If he gets his head on straight (that will be the tough part) he could scored some points at the state tournament.  But that is a HUGE IF.

yeah but it wasnt really a good match...i mean it only lasted about a period after blake tried to arm spin or something and ended up getting caught on his back for a pin...it would have been really good, but i mean everyone makes a mistake like that every now and then

103-Larue by dec? not sure

112-PLD by pin

119-PLD by pin

125-PLD by pin

130-Larue by pin

135-PLD forfeit(last match larue had it won)

140-Larue by pin

145-Larue by pin

152-Larue by pin

160-Larue bt tech

171-PLD by maj dec

189-PLD by pin

215-Larue by dec

Hwt-Larue by dec

The end score was 41-34 for Larue.

Pool 1

woodford

Larue