125uncobear

missed opportunity

Talked one of the coaches to see if MCWC from Evansville, IN is still around and they said unfortunately they are not, due to low numbers. I feel that as a state "We" missed that chance for our kids to get better to compete with our "neighbors." The results of that club, shows that they produce those kids (Joe/Nick Lee and Paul Konrath) that can compete on any level. Maybe next year!?

I'm confused.  Are saying MCWC is closed?  That's not true at all.  They are open and running camps this summer along with practices every week.

Never knew they were coming to KY.  Their club has quite a grasp on the Southern Indiana area along with several kids from  southern IL and western KY making trips to Evansville to work with them.  They also took 2 teams to the VACW Holiday Duals this past December in Virginia Beach, one elementary team and one middle school team.  Both teams were made up of club kids too, which is quite impressive, considering  KY wrestling can't seem to put a team together for tournaments like this.   So I'm not sure why they would consider it.  Especially after hearing how most on this forum don't think you should be allowed to make a living with a club.

I agree with you though that our state, as a whole, misses out on a tremendous amount of opportunities in wrestling because of the lack of numbers.  

I didn't know MCWC was coming to ky either REescalera. I take Preston there twice a week and it is elbow room only. Great kids in the room, and excellent coaching! We start back next week, and we're looking forward to wrestling some  tournaments with there club throughout the summer! They seem to be doing pretty well, and I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1