jnv858

KSWA Youth State Tournament weigh-ins

7 hours ago, twenhofelcoach said:

I believe that we as an organization are moving in the right direction. This is not criticism, just some thoughts.

1. I love the fact that we did track wrestling for the first time this year. Unfortunately, we as an organization don't have the money to put 24 electronic time clocks and 24 tablets/lab tops at each table yet. Suggestion- flip top scoring so that we could see the scores on each mat would of been great. Then the tablets/ lab tops could still run the bouts and keep scoring for the tournament. 

2. As far as the volunteers go, I believe we  volunteered over 25 people to help on Sunday at youth. We also covered a table all day on Saturday. I know Darren was yelling for me all day on Sunday, we only had 3 coaches on Sunday afternoon for our 16 wrestlers. We had 6 kids on different mats going at once. Hard to coach 2 kids at the same time. Especially not knowing when they are coming up. Obviously these issues are a good thing. In many tournaments we just let the next kids wrestle and come back to that match at youth events but with track you can't skip that bout. So you have to wait for a coach to come free. Again, that just takes up time. I'm not the only coach with that problem. 

I believe that overall the tourney went well. Minor things to fix. We need to get everyone to the meetings in Spring and Fall to hammer things out. Our communication as a group needs to get better as a whole. We can't run a battleship with just 3 people.

I like yelling at you any chance I get. You do a great job and I consider you a good friend! Thanks for the table work all day. You guys stepped up. Now get more Dads to sit in the corner and scream at Kenny Lonkard and Campbell County Tom!