Sign in to follow this  
hawkeyeof old

pound for pound

1wolseifier  2warner                                                                                                3starks  4byrd      5courtney    6banks      7cooper      8peace    9sullivan      10voth       

i cant relly say cuz  i mean the people previously mentioned wrestlers arent in the same WC i think it would be better if all of them were around the same weight

without voting for myself i would say

1. Courtney

2. Banks/Cooper

3.Banks/cooper

4 Warner

5 Jackson

6 lewis

7 starks

8 sullivan

9 Peace

10 Thuneman/Ashbrook

My list would be something like this:

1) Wolsiefer

2) Courtney

3) Sullivan

4) Banks

5) Cooper

6) Peace

7) Warner

8) Starks

9) Voth

10) Lewis

I would like to put little Bradbury on here, but he needs to prove it at this level first.  But he definitely has the potential.

1. Courtney - very strong

2. Banks/Cooper - both could be number one (I pasted this because it was the closest to my opinion)

3.Banks/cooper - see above

4 Warner - faster than stronger

5 Jackson - Have not seen enough

6 lewis- speed again

7 starks Yikes

8 sullivan - too tall very, very fast

9 Peace - could be better

10 Thuneman - also could be better/Ashbrook - have not seen

Well,,,,,,,,, Duh here, I am throwing in Robbie and Ryan Vaughn

I think there is a pound for pound effort in each also dealing with speed, tech, and strength, very tough question!

I would Have to say as of right now

1} Bryan Peace

2}Jonny wolsifEr

3} PAT BANKS

4}WILL STARKS

5}TRAVIS SULLIVAN

6}HARRISON COURTNEY

7}TYLER VOTH

8}SHANE PARKS

9}JOSH COOPER

10} JON CHUI

I know this is everyone's opinion, but.............did you just put Peace over Jon and Harrison?  I think Courtney has beat Peace in their career acouple of times.  He's a good wrestler, but the best in the state, pound for pound?

Umm yea i sure did say that and i am not a retarted spectator. And yea harrison has beaton peace but peace has beaton courtney most recently so i think my opinion is good.

OK you talk about peace being 1 warner i think only has 5 losses in the last two years                                                                                                            to d scott  and k rushel      so his record should be somthing like  100+    wins    and  5 losses to two of the best kid's in the state in the past    few years

OK you talk about peace being 1 warner i think only has 5 losses in the last two years                                                                                                            to d scott  and k rushel      so his record should be somthing like   100+     wins    and  5 losses to two of the best kid's in the state in the past     few years

[/qote] several of those other kid's also have outstanding record's as well and have only been beat by really good wrestler's not saying peace is not agood wrestler because i think he is but where did he finish last year.

I would Have to say as of right now

1} Bryan Peace

2}Jonny wolsifEr

3} PAT BANKS

4}WILL STARKS

5}TRAVIS SULLIVAN

6}HARRISON COURTNEY

7}TYLER VOTH

8}SHANE PARKS

9}JOSH COOPER

10} JON CHUI

Some things I know;

Peace lost to Jackson at state duals last year, and you don't have Jackson on your list.

Starks is great but Courtney and Sullivan both won state as freshman, right, I mean what does a guy have to do to impress you. 

I think I saw Jon Chui get beat a couple of times at the Trinity scrimage.

and didn't Courtney beat Banks in the finals last year, yet you have Banks higher than Courtney.

just my observations..that's all..everyone is intitled to their wrong opinion

True Sullivan did win state as a freshmen but he did it at 103.  Comparing the competition between 103 and 171 I would have to say 171 is a much tougher weight.  Either way Sullivan won state as a freshmen which is an amazing accomplishment.

so are you saying that if Sullivan weighed 171, he wouldn't have done well?

he may not have been the champ but I think he would have done very well.

so are you saying that if Sullivan weighed 171, he wouldn't have done well?

he may not have been the champ but I think he would have done very well.

No I wasen't saying that at all.  Sullivan would have done great in my openion, but I dont think he was a top 4 finisher at that weight.  I could be wrong its hard to tell because thats 70 lbs. but I think he would have a much tougher time in the higher weights.  I know this is going to make some people mad but 103 for the most part is a middle school weight class.  Now thats not to say there aren't good wrestlers down there.  But find me a weight class with as many 7th and 8th graders as 103 has.

I agree.. but there are a few that stand out in the upper classes.  Look at Josh Lewis and Brad Hitchings for example.  Both freshman and ranked fairly high in the upper classes.  Then again 7 out of the top 11 hwts are seniors.  that says something too.

In short, if it was a fluke that Sullivan won his freshman year then he would not have repeated his sophmore year. (I know you didn't say it was a fluke)

My list would be something like this:

1) Wolsiefer

2) Courtney

3) Sullivan

4) Banks

5) Cooper

6) Peace

7) Warner

8) Starks

9) Voth

10) Lewis

I would like to put little Bradbury on here, but he needs to prove it at this level first.  But he definitely has the potential.

I think its better that bradbury is off the list. He is still making the transition from middle to high school level. When he wrestles tough people his style completely changes. He has no offensive motion on his feet, trys to funk his way out of take downs and it doesn't work against the best. He also has no motion on bottom, he just stalls out. He has a long way to go before he's at the level of the others on ur list.

1. Courtney (wood)/ Sullivan (wayne)

2. Banks(larue)

3.Cooper (sk)

4.  Wolsiefer(fc)

5. Lewis(wood)

6.  Starks(wood)

7. Voth (pld)

8. Peace(ryle)

9. Daniels (wayne)

10.Parks(wood) / Vinsant (wayne)

This may not be what people think but Pound for pound its good..