Sign in to follow this  
anonomowrestling11

Fargo

AUSTIN MYERS ,AND I WOULD ASSUME TANNER YENTER they both won regional in indy and went last year pretty sure Raynel Brown is headed there as well.

Seems some opted for some folkstyle wrestling rather than test the rough waters of freestyle greco.

• Downvote 1

I'm sure he will do well he is one of the best in the state without ?.

It's a shame that people do not have a better grasp of what is important in the sport as far as tournaments go ,I do not doubt the ability or courage of KYs wrestlers I do however have serious doubts about their knowledge of which tournaments they need to do or compete in not only to help their state but to better prepare their selves for a tournament like Fargo let alone the fact that it's a totally different style .

Once again I am left shaking my head at how naive some people are .

I HOPE THE TOURNAMENT IN CIRCLEVILLE WAS A BIG HELP TO EVERYONE ONCE AGAIN .

AND BRING ON THE HITS ON MY NEGATIVE COLUMN .LOL WHAT A WASTE .

• Downvote 1

I don't think it has anything about not knowing what tournaments to go to, or being prepared for a tourney.  It's more about just having fun doing what you like to do. "Wrestle".  

Don't get me wrong I truly believe you have more fun winning that losing. But many believe out of season wrestling is more about having fun than being serious. 

But each to his own. Neither way is right and neither way is wrong. 

Oh and it took me a loooooong time to figure this out myself.  I use to think everyone should go "Balls to the walls" all year round, but in my advanced years I have had my mind changed. (or maybe that's just senility, ahh who knows)

In our case we are just trying to manage our first year of wrestling year round only vs spring wrestling and hoping right into football. We will take any advice we can get and do our best to get our wrestler out there competing.

Serious or not ,my point was doing Central Regionals vs a folkstyle dual tournament would be much more beneficial to someone headed to Fargo where you will wrestle freestyle and or Greco .Never heard of anyone headed to Fargo just for kicks it's not the place to go for summer fun it is fun but it is meant for the best of the best .

ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE SPORT WOULD ADVISE GETTING SOME WORK IN IN THE OTHER STYLES IF HEAD ED THERE.

AND I HAVE A BIT OF EXPERIENCE AND COMMON SENSE AND RESULTS TELL ME MY THOUGHTS ARE RIGHT ALL WRESTLING IS GOOD FOR THE SPORT BUT IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE TO FIGURE OUT THAT PRACTICE AND REAL MATCHES IN THE DIFFERENT STYLES WILL LEAD TO BETTER UNDERSTANDING AND PLACINGS IN THOSE STYLES .

OF COURSE THERE'S THE REAL UNDERLYING POLITICAL BS THAT SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE AS WELL .HOPE EVERYONE HAD FUN IN CENTERVILLE LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In our case we are just trying to manage our first year of wrestling year round only vs spring wrestling and hoping right into football. We will take any advice we can get and do our best to get our wrestler out there competin

Be prepared for the UWW Cadet Freestyle Tournament in Akron. It's a miniature version of Fargo. Many of the best guys in the country are typically there.

Sign in to follow this