Sign in to follow this  
Skwrestling119

Super duals simon kenton the surprise

vaughn lost to warra or whatever at 112  2-0. norbury put up a tough match getting pinned in the last seconds to dan fulller... but sk beat seneca... as a team

norbury and dusty brown and vaughn should be good at there desired weight class which are

103-vaughn {tough a much much better wrestler since last year}

119-norbury{young not to much experience but still has potential to place}

??-brown{ good no matter where he is at}

i think the best thing about the super duels was the t-shirts that oldham county wore.  they walked around with shirts say "I'm going Byrd huntin".  even though byrd beat young today, in my opinion that was the funniest thing that i have seen around the mat.

i think the best thing about the super duels was the t-shirts that oldham county wore.  they walked around with shirts say "I'm going Byrd huntin".  even though byrd beat young today, in my opinion that was the funniest thing that i have seen around the mat.

Yeah that's pretty funny, but unless Young has been working his butt off to back it up the joke ends up on him and the Oldham County team.

i wouldn't call their win against seneca a real one. The final score was seneca 39-SK-38, but SK got one team deduction for the coach yelling at the ref. Seneca got two team deductions which were both bull...

#1- Assistant coach saying that the other man was stalling(which he was, because he was trying not to get pinned), but somehow that is a penalty without even a warning

#2- Our 189 broke his headgear so the ref just grabbed one that was laying there... He put it on and it started choking him in the middle of the match, so he unbuckled it, and threw it to the side of the mat. But somehow that yet yet again a team deduction

and seneca ended up losing becuase we had more penalty's than them

Final Score- Seneca37  SK37

yes that is how sk beat seneca , however the gentle way you explain your wrestler tossing his headgear and the innocent coach quietly calling for stalling is hallarious. reality is your kid was peed off and your coach and at least 3 other poeple were on the mat absolutely freaking out yelling at the ref. rules are rules. and by the way sk also had a team point taken away as well for one of their wrestlers , so it is not like you all were cheated. simon kenton also had 4 jv kids in their lineup that had a total of 3.5 months of combined experience. so i wouldnt wine too much.

dusty finished 4-1 . looked very tough. had his hand full with matt miller of larue.just a little to strong for him. he will be someone to watch out for at 130. when he is allowed to wrestle there.

whenw ill he be down i saw him wrestle in middle school and he looked tough then he will be strong in yrs to come

yes that is how sk beat seneca , however the gentle way you explain your wrestler tossing his headgear and the innocent coach quietly calling for stalling is hallarious. reality is your kid was peed off and your coach and at least 3 other poeple were on the mat absolutely freaking out yelling at the ref. rules are rules. and by the way sk also had a team point taken away as well for one of their wrestlers , so it is not like you all were cheated. simon kenton also had 4 jv kids in their lineup that had a total of 3.5 months of combined experience. so i wouldnt wine too much.

your not the only ones that had new wrestlers in the line up, seneca had 5 first year wrestlers, some with only a few days of experience in the line up. We also had three first year varsiry wrestlers in the line up. By the way the way, what makes you think the wrestler that threw off his head gear was "peed" off? when his head gear broke, the headgrear the ref gave him was choking him so he thew it off to the side of the mat during the match. Its not like he chucked it off into the crowd. We were also missing our varsity 130, Nolan Colemor, he was injured in a car accident but we hope he will return. SK did end up winning but I would expect all the planets to align and it happen a second time.

vaughn lost to warra or whatever at 112  2-0. norbury put up a tough match getting pinned in the last seconds to dan fulller... but sk beat seneca... as a team

norbury and dusty brown and vaughn should be good at there desired weight class which are

103-vaughn {tough a much much better wrestler since last year}

119-norbury{young not to much experience but still has potential to place}

??-brown{ good no matter where he is at}

I wouldn't say what norbury gave fuller a tough match since he scored 0 points except when fuller cut him. I would say he laid on the mat trying not to get stuck. Fuller worked hard the entire match trying to get a pin while norbury made no offensive motion of any kind, but it proved useless in the end when danny finally stuck him.

Yeah that's pretty funny, but unless Young has been working his butt off to back it up the joke ends up on him and the Oldham County team.

I'm here to explain the shirts.  In no way were the shirts intended to disrespect Matt Byrd.  It was a joke and I'm sorry if you guys took it to seriously.  I went up and talked to Matt Byrd and we came up with T-shirt ideas for my last name.  It wasn't a big deal.  And as for as the match he beat me 6-3, and he wrestled great.  I wish him the best of luck this season.  I cant wait to wrestle him again.  He is a great guy and a tremendous wrestler.

i think north oldham is going to be a force to be reckoned with this year after taking 6th at the superduals. their varsity 130, 140, 160 and 215 were all out and their 103, 112 and 119 arent allowed at 103, 112 and 119 YET because of body fat testing but it wont be long till they can be at weight ... they also beat eastern and scott in duals and lost to simon kenton by 10 and lafayette by 9 (? i think?)

Do not forget that the SK wrestler was hit with a 'Whining penalty', which he deserved, Seneca kid is lucky he got to keep wrestling, not a great example of good sportsmanship, he through his head gear because of frustration he could not take Neal down and lost. The gear only went to the end of the mat because it his his team mates then a had to be refrained from acting even more of a poor sportsman. I was pretty close and the words that came from the Seneca wrestler and the Seneca coaches were not nearly as nice as the SK wrestler and coaches. SK +1, Seneca -3 in class! Teams; SK won both, sportsmanship and the round.

i wouldn't call their win against seneca a real one. The final score was seneca 39-SK-38, but SK got one team deduction for the coach yelling at the ref. Seneca got two team deductions which were both bull...

#1- Assistant coach saying that the other man was stalling(which he was, because he was trying not to get pinned), but somehow that is a penalty without even a warning

#2- Our 189 broke his headgear so the ref just grabbed one that was laying there... He put it on and it started choking him in the middle of the match, so he unbuckled it, and threw it to the side of the mat. But somehow that yet yet again a team deduction

Final Score- Seneca37  SK37

It did come back on them, it was a good match though, Byrd looked very much under control and focused,  I am not favoring anyone. I seen one wrester relaxed and focused and one looking to TRY and win. Byrd is really hugehard to beat a fast fat guy!

Do not forget that the SK wrestler was hit with a 'Whining penalty', which he deserved, Seneca kid is lucky he got to keep wrestling, not a great example of good sportsmanship, he through his head gear because of frustration he could not take Neal down and lost. The gear only went to the end of the mat because it his his team mates then a had to be refrained from acting even more of a poor sportsman. I was pretty close and the words that came from the Seneca wrestler and the Seneca coaches were not nearly as nice as the SK wrestler and coaches. SK +1, Seneca -3 in class! Teams; SK won both, sportsmanship and the round.

Final Score- Seneca37  SK37

they had to fix the headgear ONCE once the headgear was fixed near the end of the match the head gear was threw off to the side . i wasnt paying attention to it to much i was counting money for a pretzel but the ref took it how he took it and you cant be hung up for 3 days on 3 technical fouls  it was a good match by both teams and would be an even better one the second time

HE THREW IT AFTER THE MATCH WAS OVER, SORRY, THAT'S IT, HE WAS REFRAINED FROM FURTHER DAMAGING YOUR REPUTATATIONS AT THE MEET, HE IS PROBABLY A FOOTBALL PLAYER THAT DOES NOT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE RESPECT IS EXPECTED IN WRESTLING ( I actually investigated this). Wrestling is different, if you cheat, bad sport, good refs will catch it,, good refs, like the one during that round.

nuff said, if you want the video for you own measure, it is available. Time was out when he threw his head gear dude. The stalling call (not called, I would have wanted if your wrestler did the same) was called for too much when it could have gone against your 103 or 119, can't recall without watching complete video, SK won one, don't let kids be poor sports, all SK kids ran straight to opponent coaches to shake their hand in every LOSS and win, I seen many other kids that had to be directed, including Seneca, CLASs beats ALL!

don't let kids be poor sports, all SK kids ran straight to opponent coaches to shake their hand in every LOSS and win, I seen many other kids that had to be directed, including Seneca, CLASs beats ALL!

Great advise.  The only excuse would be if it is their first tourney, they may have needed to be directed to the opposing coach.  Great sportsmanship is a must.  I believe that in Nky there is very little unsportsmanlike activities by teams.  If it happens you can guarantee that their coach will be all over them.

HE THREW IT AFTER THE MATCH WAS OVER, SORRY, THAT'S IT, HE WAS REFRAINED FROM FURTHER DAMAGING YOUR REPUTATATIONS AT THE MEET, HE IS PROBABLY A FOOTBALL PLAYER THAT DOES NOT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE RESPECT IS EXPECTED IN WRESTLING ( I actually investigated this). Wrestling is different, if you cheat, bad sport, good refs will catch it,, good refs, like the one during that round.

nuff said, if you want the video for you own measure, it is available. Time was out when he threw his head gear dude. The stalling call (not called, I would have wanted if your wrestler did the same) was called for too much when it could have gone against your 103 or 119, can't recall without watching complete video, SK won one, don't let kids be poor sports, all SK kids ran straight to opponent coaches to shake their hand in every LOSS and win, I seen many other kids that had to be directed, including Seneca, CLASs beats ALL!

stalling at 103? what are you talking about? I believe martin got the first take down and then stuck ur 103 with double chicken wings without breaking a sweat, in the very first period. How cn you say he was stalling when he stuck everyone he wrestled in the first period? If u think he had to stall to beat the sk 103 you must be dreaming. Saturday was the first match for most of those "unclassy wrestlers" that you speak of. Don't rag on people for making mistakes that ALL of us made when we were beginners.

just FYI our 189 just happens to be a golfer, i dont understand how he could possibly had thrown his head gear out of frustration, he doesn't get peed off, also I'm not sure what match your were watching when you say that martin and chiu was stalling, martin pinned his kid with double chicken wings in the first period, and chiu pinned his kid in the early second period, and what about at 125? i worked my rear end off trying to pin him and he just wouldn't move, how can someone say he gave me a tough match. also we have five first year wrestlers and they did not know about the whole shake ing the other coaches hand, we shall see what happends next time around.