Sign in to follow this  
JCB0577

Belk

Jon Belk Jr. signs with Campbellsville University to play football. I tried to push wrestling, but he is set on the pigskin. I am proud of him, and I will miss him on the mat.

Ryle's end of the season banquet tonight.  Meiman and Erdman share MVP.  My boy Belk gets special award for most pins with 33.  I know I am beating a dead horse, but I want to thank all the coaches, and all the teams we have seen the past 4 years.  Feel good about Kentucky wrestling, because all of you handled yourself with class.  I may not be able to say that for myself, because most of you know me and know how competitive I am, but it has been a pleasure to meet all of you.  I have made a lot of friends, (Binder, Heidorf, Myers, Wells, Cornett, Kidman, Smith, Moore, Erdman,  etc.  I know there is more, but I want to thank you for always respecting Jon Jon and making his high school career awesome.  The Belk's, Love us or hate us will be back in 2 to 3 years with Jackson Belk, so look out.

Good luck to both your boys it will be fun looking for differences and similarities between them .John has been fun to watch I never saw him avoid any tournament in or out of season back down or break against anyone and he has went against Hammers .He has a unique attitude I will miss in Ky wrestling and like a lot of the kids who wrestle has friends on many other teams , open mats state teams and simple admiration for others who are working suffering and going through the same trials in life seem to put kids on a different thought path than most kids parents or maybe even coaches .Campbell kids Ryle Kids X kids Trinity Woodford or whoever wherever often get put in foxholes together but usually even before that they never cared who wore what singlet .

Good luck Belks,its been fun and very entertaining at times,lol. I think you know witch story i am talking about.

. Let's keep that one in the vault. But I know what you are thinking

Hey Ackley, Want to say stay in touch.  PM me.  I hate your head trap.  lol.  My youngest will be still around so I will see you like I always do when the kids wrestle.  You know what I mean.  To Mr. Barton,  You are the real deal.  Jr. almost had you at Fern Creek, but you showed your motor.  Great job this year. 

June 11. All star football game. At Scott high school. Belk playing outside backer. Believe it or not he weighs 189 right now. Unbelievable.

Too bad my son didn't get what was promised for wrestling, or he probably would be wrestling for a school that posts on here all the time. I think he is too big now, but it would of been interesting. He is happy to play FB at Campbellsville but you never know. I still got his younger brother. Lol. Want mention the school, but stand behind your word. Heck Jon jon weighs 190 right now so who knows... I am just venting and putting my two cents in. What was the name of that ball that that Tom hanks friended in that movie? Oh yeah.. Wilson. Just wondering.

Not sure about your situation but my son had a D1 school change his offer a couple days before he was to report ,it happens I guess but it's some dirty stuff ,oh well he beat their wrestler when he faced him and I think they are scratching their head thinking they killed two birds they had with one stone .oh well we will see them again .

Good luck Campbellsville has Wrestling .Glad KY has some good teams .

• Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this