Sign in to follow this  

Casey Cornett

Starting a new topic about this kid for 2 reasons;

1. I didnt want to get off topic in another thread.

2. This kid deserves to have his own thread.

I mean am I the only one that just lived under a rock here? Lets go back a month or so ago; draws Tyler Frankrone second round at state, wrestles all the way back for 3rd place (avenging his regional loss to Matthews). Who knew that in that 2nd round we were looking at National Champion vs. National Runner Up? Then of course he goes to NHSCA and wrestles all the way to the finals and loses a tough close one. National Runner Up! And no to continue on to Flo and loses to the 4 seed by a point and is wrestling all the way back for a chance at 3rd in the nation OVERALL (no grade level). Whether he finishes 3rd or 6th I just wanted to congratulate this kid on his last two months of hard work. Hope he competes at Fargo. Aside from ATM he is hands down Kentucky's MOW in my worthless opinion. I wish that Keegan and Frankrone could have competed but Cornett has done awesome. Congrats to this young man. Upper weights in the state of Ky have been put on notice for the next two years.

• Upvote 1

Love his style to. He is beating these kids by pushing the pace and attacking nonstop. He stays in their face and I bet all these kids have nightmares that this KY kid is stalking them for the next few weeks.

Love his style to. He is beating these kids by pushing the pace and attacking nonstop. He stays in their face and I bet all these kids have nightmares that this KY kid is stalking them for the next few weeks.

Great job. Beating PA and Ohio kids left and right. This is what competing in the national level can get you. He has potentially thrust himself into the national scene. Goes from regional runner up, to 3rd in state in crappy little ky, to dual AA. Wonderful job. Hard work pays off.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this