Sign in to follow this  
wolverine

ky fat test

does anyone know whats up with the fat tests this year half my team is already on weight and the fat test says they cant wrestle that weight class until a certin date our team is really gonna suck for the first coupple weeks

Guest wrestler92

Well if it's like I think it is it's because you are only allowed to lose a certain percentage each week and it is based on what you weighed the day you got the fat test done.  So that is why most coaches want their kids to be down to weight or real close to it by the time you get the tests done.

Well if it's like I think it is it's because you are only allowed to lose a certain percentage each week and it is based on what you weighed the day you got the fat test done.  So that is why most coaches want their kids to be down to weight or real close to it by the time you get the tests done.

The other option is to do the test early and give the kids time to get down to weight.  I like a combination of the two.  Get the test done early and tell the guys to be relatively close to the weight they plan to wrestle.

getting them done early is a good idea, but most have to wait on the football players, unless you are one of the lucky schools where the football coach gets along with the wrestling team.

getting them done early is a good idea, but most have to wait on the football players, unless you are one of the lucky schools where the football coach gets along with the wrestling team.

Yeah, there aren't too many of those are there.  If the assessor is accessible you can do the test in waves and the football kids can be at a later date.