Sign in to follow this  
Demolition

State Brackets are now posted

Early bouts I'm excited about

106- Hernandez vs Ervin r3

This will be Saul's coming out party as the latest Ervin. Whoever wins this probably makes the state finals against either Burroughs or Hurst

113- Vega vs Bindner r3

Another good early Saturday match up

120- Erdman v Poynter semis

Had some trouble finding a match for this weight, very top heavy and the talent thankfully got spread out.

126- Austin v Carr r2

This was beyond easy, a shame to see two potential finalists meet in the second round. But it should offer some early fireworks to get Friday going

132- Erdman v Ervin r2

I'm not predicting any upsets here, but Ervin gets a good early challenge to his historic run with the very talented Erdman in the second round. Upsets at regionals hurt you boys

138- Gilkey v Beeler r1

Lots of good early matches across the board on this bracket, be sure to keep an eye on the top 3 region 1 boys here. But this bout stood out to me since it's probably one of the better round ones we will catch.

145- Andreoni v Whalen r3

This bracket also has a lot of good matches, very tough weight. Whalen needs to also look out for the deceptively tough Frank from Calloway County in round 2

152- Agnew v Wright r2

Talent is well spread out here, but this is a good matchup between two potential placers

160- Williams v Rusch r2

My knowledge is starting to taper off, problem of being a lighter guy focused on lighter weights, but this could be a good one.

170- Meiman v Morris r2

It's been discussed that Meiman likes to wrestle tight matches, he will get one here. Morris was right up there with Lawson and Ryder who are both eyeing the finals.

182- Smith v Dodd r2

Another well spread out weight, Smith is here thanks to a stunning to me upset by Haywood at regionals.

195- Parrott v Easterling r1

Another case of don't expect Easterling to win here but it's a match up I had  expected to see further down the bracket.

220- Farris v Moore r2

If you feel any earthquakes that's just Austin Myers crushing another opponent.

285- Vinegar v Brown r1

One of a handful of 4th over 1st upsets that I can see happening

If I didn't make a mistake it seems that a lot of HWTS didn't qualify this year out of the top 15 ranked only 11 made it. Hopefully this mean the competition has gotten better but it's probably just the class. That being said the two side of the bracket are very uneven. 1,2,5,6,7,8,11 are one one side with just 3,4,9,10 on the other. This will make placing interesting.

138 bottom half of the bracket is similarly uneven.  By the latest rankings...of the 16 in the bracket you have: 1,2,3,5,7,10,11,12,13,15.  Plus Forrest Vaughn who could be ranked at 37-5.  He could upset Tuduri in round 1.  I don't think the top half of the bracket is even close.

Sign in to follow this