Sign in to follow this  
Dontdoit

State champions broke down

Union county- current favorite

106 Saul Ervin - state placer top 6

113 sheffer - top four possible finalist

120 December- won't beat beeler, poynter, Boston, or Erdman, top 6

126- Blackwell, state champ, may not come easy calieb Austin only lost 6-5 last time, bonus points throughout the day

132- Brock, five falls more then likely

138- Oxford - state placer top 6-7

145- gahafer- top 5 or higher depending on draws

152- no place

160- no place

170- ?

Bigger guys don't have much on them from union

Hwy- top 6-7

Cambpell

106- wells top 8

113- krebs could make the podium but not high

120- no place

126- sparh could place if he returns and is at 26

132- no place

138- champ fausz

145- Maggard top 8 maybe

152- no place

160- turner place top 4

170- if Matthews drops, he places high here don't know if he is

182- Matthews if not at 70 could be state champ at 70

195- if Tarzan is being true about Austin going 195- Austin pins here if not he wins it at 220

Saint x

106- cook top 6

113- binder top four possible finalist

120- beets could be top 8

126- miles could be top 8 or close will score points

132- korphage wins over heidorf, could place very high, top 6 atleast

138- haddad- top 8 could shock and place higher, but 138 is tough

152- state champ lampe

160- state champ lampe both get many bonus points

170- Ray places here top 6

195- don't know the name but parrot didn't handle easy. Good draw hey you never know

A lot of this depends on the draw folks, I think it comes down to x and union

Depends heavy on the way cook, Bindner, and Saul and Sheffer preform those matches may decide the state tourny.

Dezember already beat poynter at state duals. It was very close tho

I stand corrected. But that match could go either way or even the other way at state. That's the glory of it all everyone is 0-0 :)

This is as close as I could come to actual competing weights from State Duals:

Campbell has 9 possible placers (2 champs), Woodford has 6 possible placers (1 champ), Union has 8-10 possible placers (2 champs)

CC

106-Wells (top 4)

113-Krebs (ltop 6)

126-Spahr (did not wrestle at duals?...top 8)

132-Maggard (top 6)

138-Fausz (champ)

170-Turner (possible finalist)

182-Matthews (top 4..possible finalist)

220-Myers (champ)

285-Sinclair (top 6)

Where they are weak they are WEAK, that was very apparent at duals.  This line-up might be all that qualifies from the hammer that is region 6!

WC

106-Hurst (possible finalist)

113-Fallon (top 8)

120-Boston (Champ)

126-Carr (possible finalist)

145-Andrioni (top 4)

182-Courtney (top 4)

No one else really impressed, but solid and from a slightly weaker region so could get some points from other guys!

UC

106-S. Ervin (top 5)

113-Sheffer (possible finalist)

120-Dezember (possible finalist)

126-Blackwell (champ)

132-B. Ervin (champ)

138-Oxford (top 8)

145-Gahaffer (top 4)

285-Brown (did not wrestle at duals?...top 4)

Was impressed with their 182lb guy at state duals 3-2 with Smith from moore also with 170 not being as deep this year their Smith could place.  Same thing as woodford they come from a relatively weak region and could get some points from their other guys!

St. X

did not get to watch them this year and they bounced guys all over the place at the duals!

I think the state tournament is anyones to win and lose!!

ATM 220 why would he drop ??

Sinclair should place ,

CC 1 champ and four probable placers 138 and Under

CC 1 Champ and four probable placers 170 and over and a shot or two at some projected placers winning - Turner - Mathews both could pull it off Wells will win a title

Before hea done .

Eight is enough :)

Oldham County is pretty good too... Don't count them out of anything.... I look for them to be top 4 maybe even 3rd.. 170's are better than I thought ... with Emerson, Miozza, Turner, Meiman, Mink, Ryder,Hicks, Barret, Case,Ray from ST X and Collin Portman those arn't in any rankng order btw just an overview.. The 170's are deeper than most think...A shocker would be if they (ST X) switch Lampe and Ray..... Lampe would win the 170 and Ray could be top 5 I believe at 160 St X has done a good job of placing there kids..... ... It's going to very hard for Morris from Union to place at 170 but depending on the draw it could happen..... Devin Smith could place very well in the 182's .......This state tourney is honestly LUCK OF THE DRAW as to who wins the team championship.........It's going to come down to the draw and for guys like Sinclair- CC  Devin Smith Union.... Ray for ST X .. to put a good showing for there teams... This year it won't be all about the studs as each team top 3 have 2 champs it's going to be about the draw.......

he was joking.. he moved most the team around when someone asked about matthews dropping to 170.. i'm not the brightest light bulb in the box but even i knew he was messing around. but even though he was joking.... I thought alot of those moves would have gotten there team more points but I have no clue as to what there actual weights are or were to even be able to consider those moves... but it's alot of what ST X is doing.. or will they ? Let the mind games begin lol

All The CC wrestlers certified at those weights or lower , but yes it was an obvious joke with everyone saying Mathews Dropped !, if one would have others would have had to follow leaving to much room for weight mistakes missed weights and such , no real mind games involved the tourny is not a dual usually only one or so if any kida on teams bounce around for a major tourny or state and it's usuauly to avoid someone , the coaching ploys of duals do not work so well at tournys . But it is possible .

@Tarzan

I do have a serious question for you. All things considered, do you see Austin ever making the cut down to 195? Right now he is unstoppable in Kentucky and among the very best in the country, no doubt. But is he going to be a heavy weight in college? He's incredibly athletic and I believe he could compete well at 197. Of course, if it will be detrimental to his strength or overall health then perhaps he should just be a small-ish heavy. I'm just curious because I can picture ATM making some noise at 195 as a senior and then being a big 197 for a tough college program. 

I think he can make noise at 220 , didn't you hear that loud bang his fresh yr at state when he beat a returning sr champ , and I think everyone in ky heard that loud boom all the way from Virginia beach when he won nationals and a big old bang when he won it again a little boom when went undefeated at nationals and a thunderous roar from the crowd when he pinned through gmva two yrs in a row all in the first period .

Jk I don't know he has time to grow and he can make 195 , I would like to see it at nationals now he would be ripped at 195 , I think in his mind he wants to be a heavy and be able to beat not just everyone in his class but everyone - period . Heart wise he's there I have seen him fight battles since he was six he probably figures its just another battle he will evolve into one of the strongest athletes on the planet , wants to do the world strongman and actually has some

Pretty accomplished strength athletes waiting to work with him

Anyway yeah I don't know whet he's going I'm sure he will talk it over with some college coaches this yr and make a decision an advantage he has being a jr he can go up down or do what we have planned all along stay at 220 and dominate straight through ,

Sign in to follow this