Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 2/3/14

These will be the last official “rankings” because next week where I will instead post my own personal predictions, and I invite you to do the same. So enjoy the last opportunity you get this season to enjoy purely objective based rankings before I go in crazy upset mode and have Chandler Martin pinning Brock Ervin for all you know.

1. Saul Ervin, Union County (1)

2. Luie Regaldo, Fort Campbell (3)

3. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County (2)

4. Eric Gonzalez, McCracken County (4)

5. Devontae Turner, Trigg County (5)

6. Zenon Rodriguez, Paducah Tilghman (UR)

Regaldo gets a win over Sapp to move him up to 2nd in the rankings. Fourth is wide open with about five different wrestlers competing for it who all have wins over each other. The two not included in these rankings are Caleb Hammons of Caldwell County and Daniel Knight of Christian County. I am very interested to see how this weight finishes up.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County (1)

2. Froilan Agulto, Christian County (4)

3. Jack Haynes, Calloway County (3)

4. James Whitaker, Caldwell County (5)

5. Alex Curl, Fort Campbell (UR)

6. Dakota Himes, Ohio County (6)

You know I understand getting hurt and what not, but when it’s senior year I know that personally I wouldn’t have let even a broken leg stop me from finishing my career. But as it currently stands DeWitt won’t return this year, and with that Fort Campbell’s shot at second place seems very unlikely. Agulto had a very good week and thus leads the rest of the pack behind Sheffer.

1. Robbie Dezember, Union County (1)

2. Derek Miller, Paducah Tilghman (4)

3. Wes Gray, Caldwell County (2)

4. Camerin Cole, Christian County (3)

5. Scott Ruttman, Calloway County (5)

6. Daniel Dyess, UHA (6)

Miller gets a huge win over Gray to move him up to second in the rankings. It is also worth noting that Zeppes has been wrestling 120 for Calloway as of late, if he goes 120 at regionals then I would predict around the same finish I would expect from Ruttman right, but I feel that Ruttman has more potential. Dyess wrestled a good week but didn’t beat anybody to warrant moving up.

1. Trae Blackwell, Union County (1)

2. Caleb Austin, Christian County (2)

3. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County (3)

4. Chance Collins, UHA (4)

5. Austin Zeppes, Calloway County (5)

6. Chris Barham, Graves County (6)

Kline has still not wrestled lately, but he is also my favorite Trigg wrestler and I really don’t want to take him out. Look for Samuel Yates out of Hoptown, he has a loss to Barham which keeps him out of the rankings but he has been wrestling pretty good lately.

1. Brock Ervin, Union County (1)

2. Chandler Martin, McCracken County (2)

3. Connor Jaschen, Hoptown (4)

4. BJ Miller, Ohio County (3)

5. Dalton Putty, UHA (5)

6. Jack Daniels, Paducah Tilghman (UR)

Miller drops down to fourth as Jaschen picks up a good win to move over him. Daniels moves into sixth as I think Walls is going to stay bumped up to 138 since nobody works weight classes better than Coach Walls.

1. Chris Gilkey, Caldwell County (1)

2. Brian Hedrick, Fort Campbell (2)

3. Jackson Oxford, Union County (3)

4. Daniel Ingram, Trigg County (4)

5. Ryan Bunch, Ohio County (4)

6. Nicholas Walls, Calloway County (UR)

The top three is a very exciting showdown between Gilkey, Hedrick, and Oxford. Gilkey holds the advantage right now with wins over both Hedrick and Oxford but I could see the three finishing in any order. Ingram is in the lead in the fight for fourth but Bunch and Walls are not far behind.

1. Chad Gahafer, Union County (1)

2. Kevi Matlock, Christian County (2)

3. Isaiah Frank, Calloway County (3)

4. Ryan Gallogly, Trigg County (4)

5. Ivan Lawson, Hoptown (6)

6. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell (5)

I still consider this one of the toughest weights in the region, Lawson got a win over Ryder at Fort Knox.

1. Keegan Agnew, Caldwell County (1)

2. Robert Bussell, Hoptown (2)

3. Kobe Perry, Christian County (3)

4. Jeremy Hackworth, McCracken County (160)

5. Jaishon Faishon, Trigg County (4)

6. Allen Dickinson, Calloway County (6)

Hackworth cuts to 152 and I could see him finish as high as second here depending on how he does at regionals.

1. Nathan Williams, Hoptown (1)

2. Avery Buckman, Union County (2)

3. Kenny Sells, Christian County (3)

4. Will Crabtree, UHA (4)

5. Mario Perez, Calloway County (5)

6. Warren Jones, Trigg County (UR)

I didn’t notice any results other than Hackworth dropping. Let me know if I missed anything.

1. Ki Ryder, Fort Campbell (1)

2. Xavier Pate, Christian County (2)

3. Kane Morris, Union County (3)

4. Isaiah Lawson, Hoptown (4)

5. Jared Turner, Paducah Tilghman (6)

6. Bryson Elliot, Calloway County (UR)

You know what; Ryder proved a lot to me even though he lost to Meiman. I was never really a believer that he had a legitimate shot at the state title, but to lose to the number one guy like that shows he is literally right up there with him. If Ryder can do away with the stupid mistakes he has made at the state tourney before, he might actually win the damn thing.

1. Devin Smith, Union County (1)

2. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell (2)

3. Isaac Lawson, Hoptown (3)

4. Jacob Harris, Christian County (4)

5. Collin Feezor, Graves County (6)

6. Kyler Bohn, Trigg County (UR)

Since Tyler Wilson hasn’t wrestled in a month to my knowledge he is removed from the rankings. But he would return to the fifth place spot should he wrestled again. I am unsure of what Hoptown is doing now, they could all cut down again and just not give little Lawson a varsity spot, I could see it going either way.

1. Bradley Easterling, Ohio County (UR)

2. Aaron Stevens, Trigg County (1)

3. Cole/Conner Sherman, Union County (2)

4. Kajwan Majors, Christian County (3)

5. Mario Miles, Hoptown (4)

6. Cody Jackson, Calloway County (5)

I have talked about him for awhile, but Easterling finally makes the cute to 195 and rocks the state with an incredible win over 7th ranked Aaron Stevens. Outside of that huge turn of the events, I have given up on figuring out which Sherman brother will start for Union.

1. Zach Farris, Ohio County (1)

2. Bryan Carter, Union County (3)

3. Tevin Toler, Christian County (2)

4. AJ Ogburn, Fort Campbell (5)

5. Colby Culver, Calloway County (4)

6. Eugene Butler, Hoptown (6)

I decided to move Ogburn up based on his good results of late, nearly upsetting Tevin Toler. Farris still has a rock solid hold on the region. Fixed the Carter/Toler result that I had forgotten about

1. Raynel Brown, Union County (1)

2. Noah Kennedy, Caldwell County (2)

3. Jake Jorstad, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Dominic Hephner, Paducah Tilghman (4)

5. Luke Shaffer, Ohio County (5)

6. Dezjuan Owen, Hoptown (6)

You know what, everyone has beat other, Shaffer just stuck Jorstad but he still has that lost to Hephner, who has never beat Jorstad. Seriously, I give up with heavyweight, it can literally finish around five thousand different ways and I don’t want to try and predict any of them because I will get it wrong.

Team

1. Union County (52)

Union is still my pick for the state title

2. Christian County (21)

The main goal for Christian County right now should be getting that elusive state champion after having a lot of extremely talented wrestlers (Dee Leavell, JJ Killebrew, Kory Polley, etc) come extremely close.

3. Fort Campbell (18)

Losing two potential state placers to injuries shut the door on Fort Campbell’s chances for second this year. This is a team that has overcome adversity before, but they really need to come ready to wrestle if they want to prove me wrong two years in a row.

4. Caldwell County (16)

Caldwell is an interesting team in the sense they hold some of the top wrestlers in the state with Agnew and Gilkey alongside wrestlers who need to bring their A games to even place in the region. This team’s potential is still very high but as of right now they have yet to reach the full potential of their talent.

5. Hoptown (15)

Still a team I think could finish second with only a handful of upsets. I am still amazed that everytime I look at Hoptown wrestlers I think the exact same thing, “these wrestlers have been placed on racks” consistently the lankiest and longest team in Region 1, I don’t know how they do it. Of the rest Ohio County is hot on everyone’s heels based off of the massive point potential in Easterling. Despite falling behind Trigg and Calloway still have the potential to break into the top five. To the rest I tip my hat to you but don’t expect anything to shocking, feel free to prove me wrong.

6. Ohio County (14)

7. Trigg County (9)

8. Calloway County (8)

9. McCracken County (5)

10. Paducah Tilghman (4.5)

11. UHA (3)

12. Graves County (1)

He has wrestled at 170 a lot yes, shoot I think he even has a match all the way down at 160. But it's either they give Isaiah Lawson the spot at 170 or let whoever is backing up miles at 195 wrestle varsity. I'm just not sure where he's going to go, he would be 2nd at 170

I'm not being a bad guy here but from what very few understand that's the way meiman wrestles most his matches come down to overtime or he just wears you Down until you make a mistake. Maybe someone can outlast him but he's also very strong. Just a couple of weeks til we find out ...I underestimated the 170's there deeper and much stronger than I thought. Barring miracle I think the 182s are super strong but Smith and Courtney are by far the 2 favorites leaving the others to battle for 3rd through 8th but placing in this class trust me they will have earned it !!! Great job on your rankings.

Sign in to follow this