Sign in to follow this  
dragon

Which Region will produce the most State Champions?

I think Region 1 and region 6 have 4 guaranteed state champions. Region 4 and 5 might be able to squeeze out 2 apiece but not locks like 1 & 6. Thoughts?

Well I disagree. Region 4 will have a chance to have more state champs then just two.

People with great chances to win:

Smith-Moore

Frankrone- trin

Lampe-x

Lampe-x

Bindner-x

Hall-Moore

So don't knock the Louisville guys because your a homer of those regions.

• Upvote 1

there are so many weight classes that are up in the air yes I think Fausz and Atm are locks for 6. Union has possible 2 locks in Blackwell and Ervin. Boston lock 120 region 3 I think both lampes win for region 4 but 106 113 145 170 182 195 and heavy are to close to call. Frankrone and Mikey Smith are not locks for region 4 especially when you have wYatt Courtney 5 and Eli Matthews 6 sitting there. 170 could go to meiman/turner 6 Ryder 1 Emerson from oldham. 195 u have parrot but u also have Thompson and Miller from 6. Young in the heavy but 106 and 113 and 145 could go to a few regions . To close to call really I think it will be pretty balanced this year. Region 6 won't dominate but neither will 4 or 1

I was suggesting 4 total for both regions. Fauz,ATM, Ervin, Blackwell. I am certainly not disrespecting region 4. All of the wrestlers mentioned could certainly win a state championship.

Does anyone foresee any movement in the weights? I assume Union Co. is solid at 126 & 132. I know there was some question about certification several months ago. If Ervin and Fauz end up in the same class, there goes one of the so called locks.

Locks are a bit different when kids are wrestling a lower weight the week before regionals it's an obvious Blunder, everyone can be caught but there should be some locks , I would think Both Lampes particularly the older would be thrown in there with Boston the Union and CC kids . I would be surprised if the brothers didn't ramp it up at state they are very impressive .

182 is a minefield , I had thought Smith would not be so lucky as to be the clear num 1 with it being so close but he has shown he wins the close ones , he has to be considered the favorite , that said any of those four can win , Mathews is a beast a two sport standout Wyatt and Smith are so llikeable it sucks either might lose and not knowing Frankrone but simply seeing him at the rumble he makes a big impression probably has the least experience but the most potential .

It will be a fun class to watch assuming they are all still 182 .

170 I have no clue Meiman may be ranked 1 but who knows he has a different style that keeps him in there so he can win it all .

195 , if Thompson wrestles as he did in Conference he's a lock .

[bente nameTarzan" post=104268" timestamp="1391010554] I even think there's more than just those 4 Ben leaton out of oldham just beat Frankrone and a couple of others beat him so..... If someone said you win a bag of money if I got the 182 right. My pick would be WYatt Courtney

182 is a minefield , I had thought Smith would not be so lucky as to be the clear num 1 with it being so close but he has shown he wins the close ones , he has to be considered the favorite , that said any of those four can win , Mathews is a beast a two sport standout Wyatt and Smith are so llikeable it sucks either might lose and not knowing Frankrone but simply seeing him at the rumble he makes a big impression probably has the least experience but the most potential .

It will be a fun class to watch assuming they are all still 182 .

170 I have no clue Meiman may be ranked 1 but who knows he has a different style that keeps him in there so he can win it all .

195 , if Thompson wrestles as he did in Conference he's a lock .

Don't ask Me , I would think they would be at different weights both should win . I guess it would depend on where it would Benifit their teams the most CC it wouldn't matter as much from what I am told but Union might knock a placer out if they bump Brock , of course the match factor could play in and the winner would knock out champ points from the loser ,

No one wants to see either lose a state title , everyone wants to see them wrestle sooooo

It comes down to the team aspect where will each Team Benifit the most .

One thing is for sure Kentucky has just as much if not more Drama speculation and expectation when it comes to big match ups come state time as any state .

If Duals were all together everyone could see the match and then these two could go back to their favorite weights for state , I think Fausz goes 138 regardless , and I think Brock plans on 132 but who knows , it may come down to heavies :) for the team win I will take Sinclair for the upset over Brown . Wich may never happen because Young should be the favorite . Just my own thoughts on what could be a close dogfight at state ,

I would say Brock is a lock at what ever weight he goes to: 32 or 38, not so sure about Blackwell.  Blackwell would be my favorite to win, but not sure if i call him a lock, i thought he got beat last year in the quarter finals, and there is some talent in 126.

120 Boston reg.5;   126 Blackwell reg.1;    132 Ervin reg.1;     138 Fausz reg.6;     152 Lampe reg.4;    160 Lampe reg.4;

220 Myers reg.6;  all 7 are locks.   I call them locks because it would be a hugh upset for one of them to lose.

These are my picks as of now for the other weights based on what little knowledge I have.

106   Saul Ervin reg.1;  

113   Scheffer reg.1   Binder reg. 4   Hall reg.4    Vega reg.3;    

145   Kahl reg.4   Whalen reg.7   Brown reg.6  Andreoni reg.5;

170   Meiman reg.6     Turner reg.6     Ryder reg.1;

182   Smith reg.4       Frankrone reg.4      Courtney reg.5      Mathews reg.6;

195   Parrott reg.2      Thompson reg.6

hwt    Young reg.7;

Yes these are in order as I see it.   Also I reserve the right to change my list as more info comes out in the next few weeks.    For the fans of 106,  S Ervin is the only top 106 I have seen in person and he was very impressive.  

I will add to the hvy list , Sinclair reg 6 top 3 / 4 . Wins over the rumble champ and A title at Fairfield and a runner up at The Hammer ,

182 could see 3 of the four on one side - who knows I have seen three or four of the top six on one side at state , the seeding is less than adequate .

Sign in to follow this