Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2013/14 - January 24

Ricky Pervis Elkhorn  80                        Daniel Baker Madison Central 140                                  Tyler Storck Henry Clay  121                  

Nathaniel Lawrence Elkhorn 105                                 Blue Fletcher Johnson County  75                  Jake Franklin Madison Central 121

Ryan Harrison Scott county

This ranking is dated 1/24/2014 (the Regionals had not happened yet) will you be updating the rankings now that Regionals is complete?  Not the same list if you consider the Regional stats!

Ricky Pervis Elkhorn  80                        Daniel Baker Madison Central 140                                  Tyler Storck Henry Clay  121                  

Nathaniel Lawrence Elkhorn 105                                 Blue Fletcher Johnson County  75                  Jake Franklin Madison Central 121

Ryan Harrison Scott county

Tavian Daughtery BLUEgrass

WrestlingGuy - You have posted names and weight classes - any justifications for these predictions, any ranked opponents beaten, any tournaments that the rest of these kids have proven themselves at that your list placed higher at, any reason for posting these names!

If they are legitimate contenders they will prove on the day of states, if not....... 

Im not sure, but I think he was just listing kids that he thinks maybe able to win a match or 2 at state with the right draw. I don't think he was saying these kids are going to win their weight classes or even place. I think he was just trying to get there names out there for people who doesn't get a chance to see them during the year. So if one of those kids does win a match or 2 they won't say I never heard of that kid. Now that's just my opinion but I think that's what he was doing. But good luck to all the kids at state next weekend.

I only saw 2 of his matches yesterday, but HC's Tyler Storck d. Simon Kenton's Carpenter (Fr.) and pinned Woodford's Fallon (So., who in fairness was prob. a bit underweight at 120, since he's been at 113), yesterday at HS state duals.  Not sure where he belongs on the list at 121 or what his total body of work looks like, but he's definitely earned a hat-tip over the past 3 weekends. 

Favorite?  Probably not.  Top 5?  I still don't know.  An interesting kid to watch at state and in the future?  I think he's there.  I'd also note that 121 was a pretty balanced weight class coming out of dist. 7 (and a full 16-man bracket at that), not one of our weaker classes.