Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 1/7/14

First batch of the new years, a day later then I intended. But on the bright side I would've had some glaring errors concerning our beloved Union County had I posted yesterday. You guys gotta be faster on those track postings ya know.

For those who can't read invisible ink

1-6.docx

I know you do a good job on rankings. I just can't read them this year . Not on my desktop or my ipad. If you get a few extra minutes could you please tell me who you have for top 4 in the 170's, 182's and 195's ? Thanks alot ! I do the region 6 rankings and wish someone from each region would do them as we do.

I'm doing a top 20 in the those 3 weight classes as there the only 3 classes that I can honestly say I know very well. Maybe just a top 10 in the 195's

I was just went through the most convoluted method imaginable in order to get this site to finally accept a freaking copy and paste job. I have half a mind just start typing them here again since I hate having to post a word file. 

So we finished up Regional/Section 1 Duals. As expected Union runs away with the title and good job by Caldwell winning the tight race for second. There were a lot of results to comb over and as usual some matches have not been posted to track, if I’ve missed any glaring results feel free to chime in with your righteous anger and outrage. Meant to have these posted yesterday but trackwrestling is one of the WORST coded sites I have ever come across and it completely crashed out on me for about an hour or so. NWCA is barely better at the moment which is annoying since I greatly prefer the format to track. So that explains why these rankings are set for the wrong day.

1. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County (1)
2. Saul Ervin, Union County (3)
3. Luie Regaldo, Fort Campbell (2)
4. Devontae Turner, Trigg County (4)
5. Daniel Knight, Christian County (5)
6. Caleb Hammons, Caldwell County (UR)
Not really that surprised by Ervin’s win over Regaldo. But also remember that I think Regaldo had completely fallen out of the top 6 by regionals last year before coming back with an awesome tournament, kid knows when to peak at the right time. But as of right now Saul looks to be next in the line of legendary Ervins.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County (1)
2. Anthony DeWitt, Fort Campbell (2)
3. Zenon Rodriguez, Paducah Tilghman (3)
4. Froilan Agulto, Christian County (4)
5. Jack Haynes, Calloway County (5)
6. James Whitaker, Caldwell County (UR)
Sheffer continues to prove his dominance over the region as neither the 2nd nor the 3rd ranked wrestlers were able to participate at the duals. DeWitt’s absence being of severe importance since it was one of the factors that cost Fort Campbell the dual. 

1. Chance Oxford, Union County (1)
2. Wes Gray, Caldwell County (126)
3. Daniel Dyess, UHA (2)
4. Scott Ruttman, Calloway County (3)
5. Chris Barham, Graves County (126)
6. Matthew Livingston, Trigg County (5)
Since you try to put your best lineup out against a team like Union I am going to guess that Gray has been a 120 bumping up to 126. I’m also guessing that Barham has made the cut to 120.

1. Caleb Austin, Christian County (1)
2. Robbie Dezember, Union County (2)
3. B.J. Miller, Ohio County (132)
4. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County (3)
5. Derek Miller, Paducah Tilghman (UR)
6. Chance Collins, UHA (5)
I had already finished up this weight when low and behold turns out Miller has cut down to 126 as well. Turning what was already a tough weight into an absolute monster of a weight class. As of right now I am not counting out someone like Caleb Austin or Chance Collins cutting to 120, but regardless this weight is extremely tough.

1. Trae Blackwell, Union County (1)
2. Connor Jaschen, Hoptown (3)
3. Dalton Putty, UHA (4)
4. Nicholas Walls, Calloway County (5)
5. Gideon Ellison, Fort Campbell (UR)
6. Daniel Moll, Caldwell County (UR)
With Miller cutting down 2nd place is now slightly more open than it was before, but Jaschen appears to have a solid hold on that spot for the foreseeable future. However, Blackwell is still king of this weight as he prepares for a clash with Sean Fausz come state time, probably… hopefully.

1. Brock Ervin, Union County (1)
2. Daniel Ingram, Trigg County (2)
3. Braden Sperry, Caldwell County (4)
4. Diion Leavell, Christian County (UR)
5. Juwan Mcissick, Hoptown (3)
6. Logan Thomas, Calloway County (5)
Although Brock was unable to grace us with his presence this weekend, Jackson Oxford showed off just how deep Union is at these weights. Ingram still leads the batch competing for 2nd but has not yet secured a hold on the weight like he would want.

1. Chad Gahafer, Union County (1)
2. Kevi Matlock, Christian County (UR)
3. Chris Gilkey, Caldwell County (2)
4. Isaiah Frank, Calloway County (3)
5. Brian Hedrick, Fort Campbell (4)
6. Ryan Gallogly, Trigg County (5)
With Matlock’s return there is an argument to place this weight among one of the toughest in the state. From top down you could envision worlds where any of these guys could place at state.

1. Keegan Agnew, Caldwell County (1)
2. Robert Bussell, Hoptown (2)
3. Kobe Perry, Christian County (3)
4. Tim Pike, Union County (5)
5. Malik Cunningham, Trigg County (6)
6. Robert Aleman, Fort Campbell (UR)
Not really much I noticed at this weight besides Martin cutting to 145, but of course if I missed anything let me know.

1. Nathan Williams, Hoptown (1)
2. Avery Buckman, Union County (2)
3. Alex Billiter, Christian County (4)
4. Jeremy Hackworth, McCracken County (UR)
5. Will Crabtree, UHA (3)
6. Andrew Walls, Caldwell County (UR)
The top two is an exciting matchup between Williams and Buckman, if Williams remains at this weight, I believe there is a chance Lawson might cut down. Christian County has had a couple different kids at this weight, basically I feel any of them holds a shot at 3rd here. Also congratulations to McCracken County for their first regionally ranked wrestler, Hackworth holds a win over the tough Will Crabtree.

1. Ki Ryder, Fort Campbell (1)
2. Isaac Lawson, Hoptown (2)
3. Kane Morris, Union County (UR)
4. Xavier Pate, Christian County (3)
5. Rustin Burkeen, Calloway County (5)
6. Jared Turner, Paducah Tilghman (182)
Not that much to report here, still Ryder’s weight to lose but with a very tough Lawson ready to give him a run for the region title. Pate leads the best of the rest as the 4th spot is open to a handful of different wrestlers. Then I found a match between Union and Fort Campbell that I didn’t know happened and had to go back and change some stuff

1. Devin Smith, Union County (UR)
2. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell (1)
3. Jacob Harris, Christian County (3)
4. Tyler Wilson, Calloway County (5)
5. Collin Feezor, Graves County (4)
6. Noelle Williams, Paducah Tilghman (UR)
Smith returns to Unions lineup with a bang beating Haywood, first time he has really been touched by a region wrestler all season. But if anyone remembers Gino’s brother Jerry, you have to learn to never count a Haywood out of a matchup. Other than that, not much else to report besides Wilson moving over Feezor for that highly coveted 4th spot.

1. Aaron Stevens, Trigg County (1)
2. Cole Sherman, Union County (182)
3. Kajwan Majors, Christian County (3)
4. Mario Miles, Hoptown (4)
5. Cody Jackson, Calloway County (5)
6. Anthony Adkinson, Fort Campbell (UR)
Sherman brothers keep bouncing between weights so we will eventually figure out the final configuration there. But still Stevens looks to move through the region untouched and with a decent shot at the state tile. Majors and Miles have traded wins and their matchup holds implications for the team race. Outside of this four the weight is pretty open.

1. Zach Farris, Ohio County (1)
2. Tevin Toler, Christian County (2)
3. Bryan Carter, Union County (3)
4. Colby Culver, Calloway County (UR)
5. Eugene Butler, Hoptown (5)
6. AJ Ogburn, Fort Campbell (6)
Redfield has been out for a while so he comes out of the rankings. Other then that I didn’t notice anything too drastic to change, let me know if I missed something.

1. Raynel Brown, Union County (1)
2. Luke Shaffer, Ohio County (2)
3. Noah Kennedy, Caldwell County (UR)
4. Jake Jorstad, Fort Campbell (3)
5. Dominic Hephner, Paducah Tilghman (4)
6. Dezjuan Owen, Hoptown (6)
Kennedy comes back from the black hole he has been for a while to come up HUGE for Caldwell with a massive pin over Jorstad to win their go-to dual for state. Jorstad is having a fairly sure start as he tries to get back into groove after missing most of the first part of the year, and if Fort Campbell wishes to keep their top level hopes alive they need Jorstad to battle back up to 2nd. Until then Brown is solid in first, Shaffer has been solid so far and Hephner is still waiting in the wings.

Team

1. Union County (52)
If there were any doubters (ha) I’m pretty sure Union shut them up. Union is Union and the rest of region is still a couple years away from giving them any sort of challenge.

2. Christian County (22.5)
Matlock’s return gives County a huge boost as they sit at 2nd for the first time since my preseason rankings. 

3. Hoptown (16.5)

3. Fort Campbell (16.5)
Hoptown and Fort Campbell sit tied for 3rd but I’d give the edge to Hoptown right now. The only thing Hoptown has to fear right now is peaking too early. Fort Campbell is still far from their peak as they battle injuries which cost them dearly at regional duals. 

5. Caldwell County (15.5)
Caldwell had a very good regional dual tournament and have stayed healthy so far, another bonus. They sit right up there amongst the other contenders for second. Ohio is lurking just outside of the top five with their big guns Farris, Sapp, and Miller. Trigg still holds an outside shot at the top three, but needs guys like Kline and Gallogly to pull off some upsets. Calloway is the best of the rest, as the remaining batch doesn’t have the numbers to compete.

6. Ohio County (15)

7. Trigg County (11.5)

8. Calloway County (7)

9. UHA (5)

10. Paducah Tilghman (4)

11. Graves County (1)

11. McCracken County (1)

Sign in to follow this