WHO WILL WIN STATE AT 171  

16 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL WIN STATE AT 171

• M.JONES
    • B.RUPP
    • R.KELLY
    • MASON REID
    • SINGLEY

I think that matt baker is going to win this weight class, this year mark jones will do it at 89, and i think that he will as long as his knee stays good, best of luck to him.

LOL, that's when it says the voting closes, that just caught my eye, I think 160 thru 189 are the toughest weights to determine because most are more developed physically and usually strong and fast, I seen a Moeller kid last year that was far superior than his opponent but then he pinned himself because he was so strong he did not realize his shoulders were on the mat,,,,my point is these guys are hard to predict

I will say this, Terry Turner is an exciting wrestler to watch.  Some of my all time favorite matches to watch were between him and Mark Jones.  It was always an all out power struggle.  I hope Turner goes 189, so I can see him and Mark wrestle again.  They always seemed to bring out the ultimate battle in each other.

Collin beat Baker once in a very close match.  All the other times, Baker beat Collin to include in the regional tournament.  One would have to ask how many pounds Turner had on Collin when he was killing him in practice. 25 lbs, 30, 35 lbs?  That tends to make a big difference.

if your reffering to last season collin didnt wrestle baker cause baker was 160 i think and collin was 152... he wrestled wolf and lost to wheeler in the region finals not baker.... turner only has like 15 pounds on collin a majority of the time

I'm referring to the same exact season you referred to when you said Collin beat Baker.  That occurred season before last, the same season Baker beat Collin in the quarter or semi finals of 152 Region tournament.  Baker re-injured his knee in the WCI, last December, so was not able to finish the season as a result of knee surgery.  The good news is, the meniscus was removed after tearing 2 seasons in a row, so it should not be a problem this year.

well turner and baker are both two strong wrestlers.... but i think that terry has more speed/quickness over baker... either way that should be a good match at 171... cause they are both strong and good technical wrestlers