Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Key Quarterfinal Matches

I am writing this on my iPhone as I am forced to sit through an event I was unknowingly dragged to so sorry for the lack of formatting

Burroughs v Lawson

In a matchup of potential state champs (who isn't at 106?). One of the greatest youth wrestlers in Kentucky history in Jake Burroughs faces off against Trevor Lawson as Woodford County seeks to end its state title drought.

Sheffer v Bindner

Fresh off his momentous upset over Stephens, Bryce Sheffer seeks to ride the momentum in a win over the extremely talented A.J. Bindner. Another win by Sheffer will put Union in very good shape in the team race.

Boston v Emerson

While Boston is a solid head above everybody at this weight class, Emerson is a great wrestler and if he gives a Boston a great match it would give him some solid momentum towards placing

Dezember v Hernandez

Another match with implications in the team title race. If Dezember can pull through here it could potentially give Union two wrestlers in the semis at weights Campbell won't have anyone.

Siler v Owens

Siler is coming into the tournament with a fair amount if hype and will face his first major challenge of the tourny in Eli Owens. While Owens has been a bracket buster of sorts, tied to his 4th place finish in his region. He is still a returning state placer which means a lot

Vasquez v Heidorf

This is a tight match up between two young wrestlers with a lot of potential

Willis v Shirkey

Here we have a match up between two wrestlers with state final appearances on their mind. Shirkey has been wrestling tough all year and Willis holds an impressive record.

Rosado v Lawson

Neither of these wrestlers has seen a lot of action at 132 this year. However both are potential finalists and whoever wins here still has to potentially get past Wilkerson in the next match which is no easy task

Sahms v Kahl

Ok I am a little bit biased here but this and the also exciting Matlock v Hamilton are important in regards to determining which Region is the toughest.

Woods v Wurth

This could be one of the most important matches of the round concerning the team race. Either wrestler could win, but Wurth missing nearly the entire year could hinder him in this match.

Polley v Clay

This is yet another match between two potential state champs. Polley has to deal with the weight of trying to break Christian County's title drought.

Gahafer v Doyle

Another tight match for Union as they hope to maintain their lead in the team race

Just all of 160 honestly. SAM with his need to score bonus on Preston to help both his MOW hopes and Campbell's title hopes. Montgomery and Whitlock both striving to make the podium. Shacklett hoping to spoil French's finals hopes. Finally Courtney striving to follow in his legendary Brother's footsteps but faces stiff competition from Rusch

Turner v Willbanks

With Canter going down this weight has turned into any man's game. Turner finds himself in an opportunity to greatly help Campbell County recover some ground in the upper weights as he faces off against Willbanks

Smith v Pledger

One of the few upper weights Union has the ability to try and match Campbell. Smith faces an uphill challenge in Pledger who seeks to win a state title

Carman v Matthews

In just one bout number over two potential champs face with Carman needing a win not only for his title hopes but for his team's

Holtsclaw v Preston

We have the state finals match for 195 here. I am pretty sure Ranger agreed with the commitee in ranking Holtsclaw and Preston as the two top guys at this weight. Definitely not a match to miss

Myers v Fair

What will we see folks? A tech? A pin? A tech pin? A tag team match? A triple tag team match? Whatever it is ladies and gentlemen expect Austin Myers to deliver it like only a Norse God can.

Caudill v Miskell

After the huge match of Bryant and Troxell. Expect the pounds to be packed on for a match between Caudill and Miskell as they hunt for that coveted spot on the podium

Shoot I didn't want to put this in rankings, can a mod help me out here?