Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

170's state key matches

Somehow this post was meant for the forum.. sorry about that ! 

I've said all year long that this will be what I feel a super fun bracket to watch and to me it's now even more crazier than I ever thought it could be. The bracket is very tough with several key matches and matches that are tough to predict.

Key matches

RD 1 Lane Jones vs Trevor Fultz  

Marlon Toriente vs DJ Parriman watch for a 4 vs 1 upset ! 

RD 2 Johnny Meiman vs Brennan Boykin 2 strong kids ! a must watch

Caleb Canter vs Lane Jones  1-2 ranked  a must watch

Ki Ryder vs Sam Wilbanks hard to predict on this one

Sean Barrett vs Casey Mink to strong kids

Dustin Turner vs Alex Macintosh

RD  3 Johnny Meiman/Boykin vs Parriman   this is a championship match up it's self

RD 4 If Meiman gets past those last 2 matches he gets Noah Bauer again they wrestled once this year score 2-1 Meiman

RD 5 FINALS If Meiman gets this far I really believe Meiman is going to beat Canter. The young raider has a tough road the entire tourney but he's arrogant/good enough I believe to get it done... but there could be several other challengers that I've mentioned above could rise up and make it to the finals.. if any of those make it to the finals I'm going to say Canter will prevail and walk out with his dad knowing that they leave as champions and he will win MOW.

***On  a side note I hate saying that Lane Jones will lose to Canter but I believe he will fight his way all the way back and finish 3rd and to some degree in this field that's a championship by itself .

MOW is going to one of the Meyers boys or Brock. Anybody that argues anything else is completely delusional. If I had to guess, I would predict Stephen this year, Brock next year and Austin the following year. Each kid gets it his senior year, politics are involved whether anyone believes it or not.

MOW is going to one of the Meyers boys or Brock. Anybody that argues anything else is completely delusional. If I had to guess, I would predict Stephen this year, Brock next year and Austin the following year. Each kid gets it his senior year, politics are involved whether anyone believes it or not.

I agree about SAM getting it but with Canter having the draw that he's had the past 2 years and with his dad retiring and he's a senior .. 

Let me ask you an honest question. Put Stephen and Caleb on the mat against each other right now at their current weights. Who ya got? Stephen or Caleb with a 10 pound advantage? My money would be on Stephen, I think a lot of people's would. Having said that, I don't know you could possibly give MOW to a guy in a bigger weight class over a samaller kid that he more than likely wouldn't beat head to head. You might disagree and think he would mop the floor with Stephen, and you have a right to that opinion.

• Downvote 1

Let me ask you an honest question. Put Stephen and Caleb on the mat against each other right now at their current weights. Who ya got? Stephen or Caleb with a 10 pound advantage? My money would be on Stephen, I think a lot of people's would. Having said that, I don't know you could possibly give MOW to a guy in a bigger weight class over a samaller kid that he more than likely wouldn't beat head to head. You might disagree and think he would mop the floor with Stephen, and you have a right to that opinion.

lol well truthfully I do believe Stephen would win against Canter ... but it goes by weight classes.. i'm not saying that's right ... i'm just saying there's a lot of attention on the Canters... as you can read my post in the forum I believe it should go to the kid who dominates the tournament or does the unthinkable....or the almost impossible..

I think Stephen is actually wrestling 145 at NHSCA but maybe not ,I don't see what someone's dad retiring has to do with an ow but hey stranger things have happened and I have seen the wheels turning on a few fronts people need to actually win and compete first , but I don't see where canter would even enter the picture with Jayce Kevin and Stephen all having multiple titles , and Stephen having wrestled some

Pretty stiff comp as in ranked kids in two states this yr , either way who knows there will be a few deserving. I'm sure , The 170 breakdown stuff is good but I could pull eight kids from weight classes below that would beat the top eight at 170 , I like Meiman he has improved as the yr went on and is a great fresh he has a shot to win 170 ,as i have said i dont know canter like to see him or lane win sr and all but I think Kevin or Stephen could win 170 and probably some others , canter beat Meiman by 1 o think Stephen would probably major him at least Same as the rest , I think 160 is as tough as 170 , maybe 182 as well .

Why do you people think Meiman is at 170 anyway ???? Now do you want to be serious ,

Why is the stuff I'm writing about 170 ruffling your feathers ? I once again have never said that Stephen couldn't have won the 170 and as for Canter he's a helluva a lot better than you think . He beat Malpin lost to Jude in an unbelievable match by 1 so i'm not going to sit here and debate something that's never going to happen. Why is Meiman at 170 How the heck should I know ? Ask his dad if you want to know that bad  .. I'm just talking the 170 weight class that is currently on the mat at this years state tournament. You know I've followed 170 all year and I'm enjoying having fun looking over the brackets and have gotten to know some of the kids who wrestle there. Dustin Turner is 1 class act. He ran over to my nephew when he went down.. I'd root for Dustin in every match I saw and he's a very tough kid. 

You don't have anything to prove to me or anyone else for that matter about other weight classes and your sons records speak for themselves but throwing 8 names and saying yea they'd win 170 is a kick to Lane and Canter and Meiman and even Dustin.. Sorry I just don't understand your logic on this topic . I've followed 170's and did rankings all year and have had pleasant conversations with you... Don't take everything so personally. I'm not out there challenging you to wrestling matches lmao I'd like my nephew to wrestle with the best this summer. If I offended you somehow my bad.. but I won't change my opinions about what I've written .. In my opinion 170 has a tougher field..Maybe it's because I've followed them so much.... It's the weight class I love.. for this year anyway.. next year I'm quite certain it will jump to 182 or 195 ....

Well we can go this route if you like , I had no real problem with your infatuation with 170 I actually thought it was very neat and enjoyed your breakdowns as everyone else does I'm sure , when you start jockeying for MOW it gets me a little ticked because I cant see it I see the press at work and the bandwagons beinng jumped on and the angles being played , not sure I said they'd win but they could in my opinion and it's not about me knocking any kids I don't do that so don't try to get me to , I simply state facts and the facts are that 170 isn't as tough as you say , as for what I take personally that's my personal

Buisness lol and nothing you said really bothered me I don't agree with your pick for OW not even close , a 1 point match with Jude So what this aint football !!and i don't even know who Maulpin is , And I don't want to know that bad why Meiman is at 170 I could care less Stephen would hand him his lunch I stated what I thought about that match earlier this yr good luck to him I think he barely lost to your 170 pick for ow and i saw Canter wrestle Jude and saw Chamberle wrestle him

Close as well !!!!

As I said I saw canter wrestle Jude last yr and gave him mad props and don't think I stated how good or not I think he is , bringing up my boys teammate is a cheap shot as if I would comment ,

Some of you people kill me and lmao

Any one who couldn't beat me wrestling is pretty sad as is anyone who would challenge me , but I can kick someone's ass quite easily without wrestling ,I wasn't kicking anyone lane or canter or Meiman and certainly not Dustin your ignorant pick for Ow pissed me off because it's a joke , a kid who has never won state who is barely beating kids bumping up to 170 to avoid SAM and Kevin , now smart guy mr 170 with all your 170 knowledge were you brilliant enough to figure that out or just the only person dumb enough not to know .

Your pumping up your nephews class because he's in it Im pumping up my kid and some of the others because their good , big difference , your entitled to your opinion and Im entitled to mine but mine is backed by facts yours is backed by your unwillingness to look beyond one class , next yr you probably will pump up another class when your nephew or whoever bumps up ,

I just read this and had ironically already changed my pick of MOW to Stephan because I think he will probably win it and to me it's just a fun contest it's not for money and from what I saw thought it was a good pick considering no one else had picked him talking of Canter. This is a high school sport . Stop taking things so personally.

I mentioned Dustin only because he was one of the first kids to help my nephew off the mat when he got hurt. He's a friend of my nephews and I like the kid. He's just first class and very polite. I picked Canter in a fun contest and that's why you got so upset ? I think the award should go to the wrestler who had the best tournament as I eluded to in my thread that I started about MOW. Stephan deserved it last year from reading your facts about what he did in that tourney. But I feel it's political so it seems anyway.  The 170's I just enjoy and has nothing to do with jockeying for position about the MOW. We really only differ about the talent of the 170's well that and I don't write anything about ever trying to kick someone's ass but that's just different personalities. 

I'm really not trying to fan the flames on this - BUT - my son has wrestled at 182 & 170 & 160 this year and I believe if you look at the entire 32 or the top 10 for each weight class, the 170 lb class is tougher AS A WHOLE. But I also believe that the 160 lb Champ (to be crowned) could beat the 170 lb Champ (to be crowned) based on skill and speed. As for OW - WHO CARES! the goal of any wrestler should be to become a STATE CHAMPION. Why worry about an award that has NO SET CRITERIA for who the winner should be?

Your right it doesn't have any set criteria , which makes it a popularity contest not an Mow

Fan I read your post I never said all those lighter weights would win 170 as you said i did on my first post I said they would place , and I think they would , but I also said 170 is tough I could also say a lot of 195 182 could place at 220 or 195 and 220 could place at hvy it's all the same , an yes I did get carried away , but all one has to do is read a few posts here and there and see what is going on , as for people getting personal with me it pisses me off a bit and I have no problem getting nasty and I can't kick anyone's ass but some runt trying to make himself look big for challenging me to wrestle when everyone knows I cannot is kind of shitty just as it was for you to bring it up lol and if someone wants to wrestle some weightlifters there will be some there and If they want something else after their kid gets his ass beat on the mat that can be arranged .

And where's all the big mouths who said Stephen ran to 152 last yr , Fact is Khsaa made him go there on some bogus rule about making weight before state duals that they made up to protect their favs ,state duals supposedly isn't recognised by khsaa lol so what would it have to do with it ,

Thats right someone was protecting their favorites

Now do you want to talk about MOW politics wrestling and sports

I've coached high school ball for 10 years. I can tell you without a doubt it's very political and saw a lot of kids get something taken away from them just because it was offered in college or the olympics. Your sons are great kids. I've only briefly talked with them but they are polite and always treat there opponents with respect and that says a lot about those young men because they could be arrogant but there not. It's awesome watching them on the mat .Everyone can get carried away so no big deal as they say it happens. I do love the 170's but have read a lot on the 160's and the 182's and even the 195's as I'm learning more each day. Still from my research there's no one except French that can go the distance against Stephen.. Maybe Courtney ? Only time will tell but it's only because he is that good. 

Act like there you've been there. Your a class act and your son the elder is one of my favorite wrestlers. He's a warrior tell him we all said congrats on such a great regional and the best of luck at state ! 

Thanks and I have been there and I know what goes on there , it won't matter of course winning in the first place is a must and everyone can get beaten , and I'm sure there is a reason kids conduct themselves how they do win or lose under any circumstance ,French is tough so are some of the others ,all the classes have a few studs . And French and cooper are the only kids in the state to ever last a match with Stephen he teched the kid who beat Courtney at the rumble and no one has scored on him , maybe if someone can they win the ow lol .