Sign in to follow this  
dscicle

Region 2 Duals @ Nelson County this weekend

Alright, so although they don't count for State Duals qualification this season, the teams in this region still have some rivalries that can get exciting. Anyone know of some good matches/duals that could occur this weekend. and better yet, HOW IN THE WORLD are the duals only scheduled for one day with 12 teams in the Region?!?!

Can be done easy in one day.

4 pools of three. (round robin) (2 duals per team)

Winners of each pool (4 teams) then can be in a rund robin pool (3 duals per team)

or

Winner of each pool (4 teams) fall into a four man bracket then each team gets 2 more duals.

OR

3 pools of four (round robin) (3 duals per team)

Winners of each pool (3 teams) in a round robin pool (2 duals per team)

Unfortunately that is NOT an option. Regional coaches voted that everyone has to wrestle everyone for Regional Tournament seeding purposes. Region 2 seeds by head-to-head records come post-season and one of the tie breakers is head to head. So although it is a good formula GOO, it's not an option for the Region 2 Duals.

Six matches per team on, I'm guessing, four mats. That means you'll have at least seven round of wrestling, with four teams getting one round off. Will that work?

5-match rule...going to be interesting as I know a few teams need 6 matches, and if I'm not mistaken one team needs like 10. A few coaches I've talked to aren't sure what the motivation for doing this in one day is.

Talked to Canter today. He told me the teams that don't get to wrestle each other Saturday will have to find time to schedule a match later this season. They can't get around the five-match rule, so that's the only other solution available to teams who need to get matches in.

They will use five mats in the gym. Some teams will wrestle as many as five times (like LaRue), others will only wrestle three or four times.

Action starts at 9:30. Canter said they hope the final match is done no later than 5:30. A schedule has not been set in stone yet. When I stopped by school a few hours ago, Canter was still working that out.

So far, I've gotten results from John Hardin and Fort Knox.

John Hardin went 5-0, beating Nelson (75-6), Thomas Nelson (78-0), Anderson (60-16), Boyle (54-12) and North Hardin (45-31).

Fort Knox lost to Anderson (60-18), North Hardin (72-6), Barren County (42-24) and Danville (25-24).

• Upvote 1