Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 12/31/12

Well here are the last rankings of the year 2012. CCI wasn't as big as I would've hoped from a rankings perspective with a lot of teams dropping out because of the snow. However, some good results still came in and a couple weights (132) see massive changes. Fort Campbell was able to pull off a little bit of validation for their #2 ranking by winning CCI despite missing a couple of their heavy hitters.Not sure when the next big meet is (Sectional Duals I guess) but rest assured I will be following it.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union (1)

2. Tyler Ward, Apollo (2)

3. Travon Thacker, Hoptown (3)

4. Wes Gray, Caldwell (4)

5. Zenon Rodriguez, Paducah (5)

6. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio (6)

Dropping out: None

No changes to report at 106 since a lot of guys that were supposed to wrestle at CCI didn't.

1. Robert Dezember, Union (1)

2. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg (2)

3. Anthony DeWitt, Fort Campbell (4)

4. Chris Barham, Graves (5)

5. Daniel Dyess, UHA (UR)

6. Josh Maxwell, Daviess (6)

Dropping out: Odoms, Christian

I have heard rumors about Asa but nothing solid. However he wasn't at CCI which being his home tournament means something. I am gingerly taking him out of the rankings for now but any solid word and he is right back in.

1. Trae Blackwell, Union (1)

2. Caleb Austin, Christian (2)

3. Derek Miller, Paducah (3)

4. Connor Jaschen, Hoptown (5)

5. Chance Collins, UHA (4)

6. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell (UR)

Dropping Out: Ruttman, Calloway

UHA finally see region 1 guys and got mixed results. On one hand Jaschen made me look stupid for dropping him but Collins bounced back just as good as one should expect snatching up third. Any reason behind no Derek Miller at CCI?

1. Brock Ervin, Union (1)

2. Brian Herdrick, Fort Campbell (2)

3. B.J. Miller, Ohio (3)

4. Braden Sperry, Caldwell (5)

5. Dalton Putty, UHA (6)

6. Nick Walls, Calloway (UR)

Dropping Out: Burnham, Christian

Doesn't look like Burnham is cutting to 126 at the moment so he is removed. There are a couple kids vying for that 6th spot including Tanner Ward.

1. Wade Willen, UHA (1)

2. Gabe Ervin, Union (3 at 145)

3. Nick Ringle, Fort Campbell (6)

4. Isaiah Frank, Calloway (6 at 138)

5. Ryan Bunch, Ohio (3)

6. Frank Rosario, Paducah (4)

Dropping Out: Wurth, Union; Jones, Caldwell

I can now officially say that 132 is a mess. Nick Ringle's run to the finals at CCI throws just about everything into disarray. This could end up being weight that changes completely around 6 more times until regionals. Now Ervin was at 132 for Mater Dei coupled with the previously mentioned rumors about Wurth being hurt. I still don't have anything solid (mostly because nobody tells me anything) but you don't have a 145 cut to 132 as a short term fix.

1. Jayce Carr, Union (1)

2. Kevi Matlock, Christian (3)

3. David Sahms, Fort Campbell (2)

4. Chris Gilkey, Caldwell (4)

5. Trevor Wilson, Ohio (5)

6. Daniel Ingram, Trigg (UR)

Dropping Out: Frank, Calloway

I wasn't going to swap Matlock and Sahms yet, but while writing down my notes I put Matlock over Sahms on accident. Thus I considered that a sign to swap them. Frankly I have no idea when they will be able to meet since Sahms wasn't at CCI so this might stay like this for awhile.

1. Kory Polley, Christian (1)

2. Keegan Agnew, Caldwell (2)

3. Jacob Bennett, Ohio (4)

4. Robert Bussell, Hoptown (5)

5. Nighgell Davidson, Fort Campbell (6)

6. Josh Stillwell, Union (UR)

Dropping Out: Ervin, Union

With Ervin cutting to 132 Stillwell might be Union's guy at 145, I have no idea. Otherwise there wasn't a lot of reason to move anyone at this weight.

1. Chad Gahafer, Union (1)

2. Kyle Bunch, Ohio (2)

3. Nathan Williams, Hoptown (4 at 160)

4. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell (3)

5. Tre Sells, Christian (4)

6. Will Crabtree, UHA (5)

Dropping Out: Davis, Daviess

152 gets a little murky from fourth place down and I wasn't really sure how to rank it. I decided that despite making the finals Sells didn't really beat anyone new and thus I can't justify moving him up.

1. Cameron Montgomery, UHA (1)

2. Jerry Haywood, Fort Campbell (2)

3. Brian French, Union (UR)

4. Timothy Collier, Apollo (5)

5. Collin Feesor, Graves (UR)

6. Jayven Jones, Trigg (UR)

Dropping Out: Wolfe, Union; Williams, Hoptown; Elliot, Calloway

While I am very solid on my top two here. third place down is a complete and utter mess of this guy beating that guy who pinned the guy who beat this guy. There is no way I could rank this without leaving room for an argument. Thankfully this is region one where nobody talks and I can simply post my rankings in peace haha. Also, one of these days I hope to figure out Union's lineup.

1. Ki Ryder, Fort Campbell (1)

2. Ben Redfield, Paducah (2)

3. Austin Durham, Trigg (UR)

4. Chase Copland, Graves (3)

5. Jacob Harris, Christian (5)

6. Aaron Fulton, Ohio (6)

Dropping Out: Wilson, Calloway

I have decided that you guys just don't like me. I have been waiting to see Ryder and Redfield wrestle ever since Redfield started off this season on a tear. Instead I have to sit there and watch Ryder instead wrestle this kid from Tennessee. Where did I go wrong in life?

1. Devin Smith, Union (1)

2. Clay Revlett, Caldwell (2)

3. Brian Mayton, Daviess (3)

4. Zak Thompson, Paducah (4)

5. Jacob Freeland, Christian (UR)

6. Enrique Martinez, Fort Campbell (5)

Dropping Out: Pate, Christian

In my personal opinion if you go two and out as a #2 seed you deserve to be completely dropped from the rankings. But there aren't a lot of kids I could justify putting above Martinez. Another weight that did not have the matches it was supposed to have.

1. Bryan Carter, Union (1)

2. Bradley Easterling, Ohio (2)

3. Chase Allen, Daviess (3)

4. JaQuan Allen, Hoptown (UR)

5. Stevie Mason, Christian (5)

6. Colton Livingston, Trigg (4)

Dropping Out: Goree, Graves

This is something I would have to actually watch some matches to say with confidence, but so far it appears that 195 might be the weakest weight in the region. With that said, Easterling didn't wrestle at CCI any word on that?

1. Aaron Stevens, Trigg (1)

2. Zach Farris, Ohio (2)

3. Ryan Duvall, Apollo (3)

4. Dustin Armendariz, Fort Campbell (4)

5. Bobby Caldwell, Paducah (5)

6. Tevin Toler, Christian (UR)

Dropping Out: Sherman, Union

The biggest result here is Stevens getting his revenge on Farris and coming back to the number one spot at this weight. Armendariz also split two matches with Caldwell and that should serve to be an interesting battle with a trip to state on the line.

1. Raynel Brown, Union (1)

2. Luke Shaffer, Ohio (UR)

3. Jake Jorstad, Fort Campbell (3)

4. Taylor Widmer, Apollo (4)

5. Kyler Kendall, Caldwell (5)

6. Dominic Hephner, Paducah (6)

Dropping Out: Brown, Ohio

The only change much to my surprise was a swapping out at heavyweight for Ohio. Considering the results at CCI this appears to be a good swap and yet again Hephner continues to disappoint me.

Team Rankings

1. Union County

2. Fort Campbell

3. Christian County

4. Ohio County

5. UHA

In talking with Christain County coaches Asa has quit, that's a big loss to any program. Also Trever Wilson ( Ohio ) has decided to quit, his senior year with six weeks left to State Tournament !!! What a waste for both young man with alot of talent. Easterling suffered a concussion during practice, he should be back this week.

Ranger and I have a long history of disagreements about Region 1 kids. In Ranger's defense he is a region 6 guy and when it comes down to the nitty gritty he is right 9/10 times. But up until that point he has very little time to actually look and make accurate assessments of the Region 1 teams. For example you can look right now and Fort Campbell is ranked below Union, Christian, Ohio, UHA, Apollo, Caldwell, Trigg, and Hoptown; a ranking that makes no sense considering Fort Campbell just won the CCI, one of the toughest region 1 tournaments, while missing 3 of their starters. I have heard several arguments from people including ones tied to Union County that I should place Ward above Sheffer. But I will not do so just because Ranger does so. I started ranking region 1 because up until his prediction for the state tournament Ranger is wildly inaccurate concerning this region.

*Missed some teams ranked above Fort Campbell, and I am aware those rankings came out before CCI but my point stands

Let's hear some results from the weekend, from the small school duals at trigg and what the other teams where doing this weekend. And I don't want to hear Union beat Fort Campbell ,Trigg beat etc... I want to individual results.