Sign in to follow this  
ukpridewrestler11

Larue County?

I have always wondered why Larue stopped going to the mater dei holiday classic. With union, trinity, and saint x, why not compete in this tough tournament. It can only make a team better prepared for the post-season. Can't tell me there is another tournament tougher than this. Loved seeing Larue compete as they have always been a tough small school squad in Ky. Wish they would get back in it in the future! Someone inform me on why they stopped attending. Just a curious spectator.

Larue has a few studs this year, but not as solid all the way up and down the line up as years past. There always seems to be a changing of the guard every few years. Woodford, Larue, Trinity, and I would even throw Union in the mix. If u look at these programs, u will see a trend of the middle school programs starting to stumble, and from there it filters through to the high school. Union will be tough for the next couple of years, but when the last of the Ervin clan comes through, well u see where I'm going. Campbell Co.'s middle school has been rocking the past few years. Campbell will be the new WC, UC, LC, for a while and the torch will be passed. Back to the original thoughts of the thread.... Just from the outside looking in, I would assume that Larue just isn't the team they once were, and chose to go where they will compete and continue to try to build confidence among the program. No shame in that, we all have to do what is best for our programs.