Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Bluegrass State Games Thank You

Guest cmccoy

I just wanted to thank all of the workers and referees for helping make this tournament a success this year. Everyone involved, including the sports chairs, are volunteers and everyone did an excellent job today. Thank you to the wrestlers and parents for coming out also. We had a good day of wrestling...and was out by 5:30. Thanks again to all involved.

They didn't wrestle each other.  I believe Courtney won it at 152 (cadet & Junior)  Banks won 160 Junior.  Courtney looked technically solid as always, but he also looks quite a bit stronger...i'd guess he's been lifting quite a bit.  He's going to be very tough to beat this year!!  I think Courtney needs to consider wrestling maybe even university level (if that's legal) in Kentucky.  He just didn't seem to have any competition at all down there.

Wayne County had a lot of kids there that looked very solid.

The tournament went very well.  Great job Chris McCoy & Danny Upchurch. 

Courtney is not only a good wrestler but one of best kids you'll ever meet.  Anyone will tell you that. 

I think he began wrestling around the 4th or 5th grade.  His dad wrestled for Woodford back in the early 90's, so he gets a lot of his training from him as well the Woodford staff.

How about that for a Courtney bio?  I think I'll write the book too, lol....