Sign in to follow this  
hoehn.marcus

Legal Facial Hair in Wrestling?

Hello, My wrestling cohorts!

It’s Movember, the month formerly known as November, which is dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health. I have joined the movement and will be donating my upper lip to the cause for 30 days. That's right, I am attempting to grow a Moustache for charity. My moustache (Mo) will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancers affecting men.

Why am I so passionate about men’s health?

*1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime

*A man is diagnosed with prostate cancer every 2.2 minutes

*1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime

*24% of men are less likely to go the doctor compared to women

Please support my efforts by making a donation at http://mobro.co/UCHSLipSweaters.

You can even write a check payable to “Movember Foundation”, reference my name and Registration Number 1737020 and send it to: Movember Foundation, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726

We only have a month to grow Mo's and raise awareness and funds, and I am competing with the other teachers/coaches at Union County High School and I told them that the wrestling community will have my back and there is no way that those chumps would be able to raise more money than me, so please come along for the ride support my Movember Moustachery!

Funds raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and their men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG, Movember is funding world class awareness, research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please click on the links below:

Thank you for donating at http://mobro.co/UCHSLipSweaters and for helping me change the face of men's health. Go the Mo!

Marcus Hoehn

PS. I have attached a picture of my Day 6 Mo. I will try to post updates.

Movember is a registered 501 ©(3) charity, donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.

• Upvote 1

Marcus, have you heard what the mizzou wrestling program is going to do when MU joins the SEC next year? Ps I'm participating in movember as well. Good Luck to UC this year

Signed,

A former brave

I know they will not be dropping their program or anything like that. Any updates will likely be posted on the website: mutigers.com As for the Movember Moustache Season, I'm a little disapointed that 88 people have viewed this thread, yet I have no donations to my page for this under-recognized cause. However, our football team lost Friday and although I was certainly rooting for them to make a playoff run, but I will most definitely not be complaining about getting those boys back in the room this week!

Alright, c'mon guys. You are making me look bad. I bragged all last week about how after I post this on KYWrestling I will easily take the lead in donations. I said that no one on earth supports each other more than the wresting community, but I am still in second place. Even a couple dollars will help us out in our efforts to raise money to fight cancers affecting men. We all know someone who has been affected by cancer, and this is your opportunity to help raise some money to help research and awareness. Let's go wrestling community!