Sign in to follow this  
Shootthehalf

Snow

I could be wrong but I don't believe that this rule applies to post season tourneys.

I know years ago some teams use to try to have a dual the day before the regional tourney so that they could get an extra pound and that was addressed by KHSAA.

This was sent by Mike Barren yesterday...

This is being sent to all KHSAA Wrestling schools, through the Principal, Athletic Director and Head Coach. Administrators, since many of our coaches are not on the teaching faculty, we would greatly appreciate if you would forward this email to the coaches in case the email address we have on file is not correct

I want to address a rule interpretation before it becomes an issue for some of you to address at your regional tournaments.

NFHS Wrestling Rule 4,Sec. 5 Art. 5 states....Competitions that are postponed for one calendar day or more,for reasons beyond the control of the participating school(s), or practices that can not be held in these situations due to school policy shall be treated the same as competitions when there are consecutive days of competition in terms of the 1-pound allowance, with the exception of the required 48-hour notice.

There are no modifications of this rule with regards to the regional and state tournaments, and therefore, if the situation arises, we will default to the written NFHS rule book. With that said, several key points need to be made.