Sign in to follow this  
ukmike22000

Youth Region 3 Tournament

Congratulations to all wrestlers who competed today at the Region 2 tournament at Summitview MS.  Also, a huge congrats to the SKY wrestling program and Richard Conrad for doing an outstanding job of running today's tournament.  We were scheduled to start at 10:00 and started at 10:00 (how often does that happen?)  And, with over 300 wrestlers competing, half the mats were being rolled up at 1:30, with all wrestling done by 2:00.  Nice hospitality room, nice trophy presentation with podium, etc., etc., etc. 

BTW, I'm not with the SKY program just talking this thing up--I'm a Conner parent.  A tournament run this well deserves the recognition!! 

I second that ukmike (although I think we're in Region 3, which I should know being the "Regional Rep").  On behalf of Raider Wrestling, I'd like to thank everyone from SKY Wrestling for running a great Regional Tournament.  As a SK alum, I was proud to see all of the support the youth program is receiving from the community.  KY youth wrestling has come along way...that was evident today.  Nice work NKY.

Good call Matt.  I figured I'd screw up something in that post!

Looking forward to state----I'm sure that you and Raider Nation will rock the running of that tournament. The Conner gang (and I'm sure all of NKY) are behind you----just let us know what we can do to help.

Thanks!  We truly appreciate the positive feedback.  It was our first time hosting a tournament and are very excited to have such wonderful support.  Richard Conrad really put his heart and soul into this tournament as well as our team and I just can't thank him enough for all he's done.  We should also thank Adam at Summit View for all his encouragement, help, and support.  We couldn't have done it without you or the support of the Summit View Athletic Dept staff.

Thank you all for your compliments!  It was a pleasure hosting this event.  I would like to send out a Big Thank You to all my SKY volunteers who helped either before or during the tournament.  This would not have been a success without everyone of you all.  A special thanks to all the other team volunteers and refs, Summit View for allowing us to host, Adam Lantman and Simon Kenton wrestlers for donating their time to come out and referee.  The amount of volunteers shows the dedication that NKY has for its youth wrestlers!                  Richard Conrad