Sign in to follow this  
oldhamwrestler

2011 Middle School State Results

Great job running the tournament.  Very smooth day. 

Only suggestion is getting refs on board with stalling.  We're doing our kids a disservice by not making them get off the hips and wrestle.  It makes for much better wrestling and gets them ready for High School where the refs will not allow this.

Stan is right......got to let the kids wrestle and stop the riding the hips.  Go get'em Stan! 

Let the kids know they are riding the hips and to work off, if they don't "hit'em" with a stalling call and see if the wrestle from there.  If not, "hit'em" again.  This is not college wrestling, no riding time here. 

I wasn't going to comment, but it needs to be pointed out: I understand teh stalling thing TOTALY. BUT (and i do mean a very big BUT), the officials at state (from what i saw) didn't make any calls they wouldn't have made during the season. Or, if you need it simpler, they were consistant to how they called things during teh season. Would you all rather have it like it is normally, or even at the HS level where the ref's go hog wild with stalling at state?? or would you rather have consistancy??  :-D