Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1

Since the other topic is crowded enough with Ohio and Union going at it I decided to share my top 4 predictions here. I am going off of the latest results and trying to keep speculation to a minimum so yes Union that means Billy Moore is gonna be over Gabe. If I have any of the results wrong feel free to let me know

1. Trae Blackwell, Union County

2. Chris Gilkey, Caldwell County

3. Trigg County

4. Christian County

Breakdown: This weight has been pretty much Gilkey and Blackwell then everybody else. I wouldn't count Trigg out of having their first region finalist though. Christian County has done an admirable job of getting a replacement for Asa Odoms and I expect them to win that wide open 4th spot. Ohio and Hoptown could also slip in that spot

1. Brock Ervin, Union County

2. J.J. Killebrew, Christian County

3. Travon Thacker, Hoptown

4. Anthony DeWitt, Fort Campbell

Breakdown: I'm going to catch some flak here for placing a wrestler who has been hurt almost all year. But the only other wrestler I could think of to put in 4th is Clay Revelett of Caldwell and I have seen both of them wrestle and I will take Anthony in that match. He is returning next week but you guys won't be able to see him until Regional Duals I believe. The finals here are pretty much set as Ervin and Killebrew as nobody else has been able to touch them all year

1. Chase Boone, Ohio County

2. Wade Willen, UHA

3. Robbie Friedrich, Calloway

4. Jeffery Wurth, Union

Breakdown: This is one of the tougher weights in the region with alot of members from 112 moving up here. Chase Boone I don't believe has lost to Wade in a very long time and is looking at a potential spot in the state finals yet again.

1. Billy Moore, Ohio

2. Gabe Ervin, Union

3. David Sahms, Ft. Campbell

4. Eddie Gagnon, Paducah

Breakdown: 125 is a weight where any of the top 3 could win the region. Billy had a huge win over Gabe Ervin at Ohio and Union's duals and the eventual winner in that match up will most likely place at state. David Sahms nearly pinned Billy Moore at Centennial (TN) before losing in the 3rd period. Eddie Gagnon also has a win over David Sahms and can still be a factor at this weight.

1. Jayce Carr, Union

2. Evan Butler, Hoptown

3. Ryan Bunch, Ohio

4. Robert Wright, Ft. Campbell

Breakdown: The number one spot is thouroughly in Jayce Carr's hands but the 2nd spot is going to be a battle between Butler, Bunch, and Wright. I was debating putting Bunch in 2nd because of his higher placing and a better win over Robert Wright on saturday.

1. Keaton Thomas, Union

2. Cameron Montgomery, UHA

3. Jacob Bennett, Ohio

4. Manny Lawson, Hoptown

Breakdown: I have been informed that Keaton is gonna be at this weight and for the sake of the 140's I hope this is correct. It is quit possible that some 140's might attempt to cut here to escape the mess that is their weight class. I am not sure but I believe Sean McIntosh will be cutting to 135 and if so he could be right in the mix there at 4th.

1. Kory Polley, Christian

2. Kyle Bunch, Ohio

3. Colton Hall, UHA

4. Justin Wynne, Paducah

Breakdown: I am tempted to just put a list of names here since it seems the top 5 wrestlers in this weight (including Zach Green of Fort Campbell) all seem to have wins and losses with each other. Every tournament the rankings are switched up again. This weight has already driven off the likes of Keaton Starks and Keegan Agnew, and I predict we could see at least one more person flee this weight for the far easier 135 or 145. Kory Polley is on top right now but I think we all understand that any of the top 5 wrestlers could win this weight and any one of them could end up not even making it to state

1. Kenny Brummet, Union

2. Keegan Agnew, Caldwell

3. Jerry Heywood, Fort Campbell

4. Keaton Starks, Calloway

Breakdown: Brummet is number one for the fact that he is a returning region champ. Keegan has been very impressive this year showing marked improvement since just missing state for two years. Jerry Heywood has been impressive with comeback victories over several tough Tennessee wrestlers and Keaton Starks, one of the refugees from 140.

1. Caleb Ervin, Union

2. Daniel Urban, UHA

3. LaGuan Grubbs, Paducah

4. Trigg County

Breakdown: 152 was one of the weights I had a hard time thinking of a guy who could slip in at 4th. After glancing through the NWCA scorebook I settled on Trigg's 152, if anyone has a better idea please tell me. Even a fool would be wise enough to put Caleb Ervin at number one here, nobody in Kentucky has come even close to giving him a match. 2nd will be an interesting battle between Urban and Grubbs and looks to be one of the better semifinal matches at regions

1. Eric Poston, Ohio

2. Jake Risinger, Union

3. Charlie Courtney, Calloway

4. Marshawn Taylor, Christian

Breakdown: I hope the firestorm over the result between the Poston and Risinger result won't overshadow the fact I have no idea who will finish 3rd and 4th at 160.

1. Micah Crutcher, Christian

2. Chad Jordan, Hoptown

3. Devin Smith, Union

4. Michael Kennedy, Ohio

Breakdown: 171 is shaping up to be one of the weaker weights in Region 1. There is only one returning state qualifier at this weight (Micah Crutcher) who qualified last year at 189 which was messed up by the fact the potential region finalist Chris Guilbeau had gotten hurt just a couple days earlier. However, I'm deferring to Ranger at this weight and throwing in Michael Kennedy at 4th

1. Thomas Buckman, Union

2. Chris Guilbeau, Fort Campbell

3. Marlon Pate, Christian

4. Trigg County

Breakdown: Buckman is bumping up alot of weight but he is a returning region champion so I am not that worried about how he will do. Chris Guilbeau was most likely going to be a region finalist last year before injuring his elbow just a couple of days before regions, and he has an impressive comeback over Marlon Pate who dropped all the way down from heavyweight and still has a good shot at finals slot. For lack of a better choice I'm throwing Trigg County's 189 in here.

1. Zimi John, Apollo

2. Zeb White, Christian

3. Rashaud Wilikins, Union

4. Daviees County

Breakdown: With Thomas Buckman cutting down Zimi and Zeb look to be locks for 1st and 2nd in the region. Zimi is the returning champ here. This was yet another weight that I was trapped clueless for the 4th spot through injuries to such wrestlers as Tim Nikolao of Fort Campbell and weight changes from the Thomas Buckmans haha

1. Apollo

2. Matt Woods, Fort Campbell

3. Stapp, Christian

4. Sorry Scorebook crashed on me

Breakdown: Heavyweight this year seems to come down to whoever gets on top first. Matt Woods should be the favorite here as the only returning region placer. But has proved very inconsistent in his results and his loss to Apollo bumps that wrestler to number one, but that doesn't rule out anyone at this weight.

I've gone nearly braindead at this rate and the NWCA Scorebook giving up on me midway through heavyweight still has me thoroughly perturbed. If anyone has results that I missed or could help me with some of the spots I had to guess on I would be very thankful, and please try to keep discussions results driven and not coulda, shoulda, woulda. Now if you excuse me I need to go throw a tantrum over Oklahoma State's dismal showing at the national duals.

FCHS- you done a good job!!! I have been waiting for something like this all season. it would be nice to get an update next sat./sun. again thanks for your effort.           

Nice rankings, and I understand your ranks for Risinger and G. Ervin.

It will be nice to see both matches again.

I do have one thing though to question/say.

I don't understand your reason for Wurth at 4 in the 119 division.

Nice rankings, and I understand your ranks for Risinger and G. Ervin.

It will be nice to see both matches again.

I do have one thing though to question/say.

I don't understand your reason for Wurth at 4 in the 119 division.

You believe he should be 3rd over Friedrich?

You believe he should be 3rd over Friedrich?

I haven't seen him wrestle anyone but Boone.

Has Boone wrestled against either of the others?

Boone has beaten Wade this year (3-0). Friedrich was still cutting down the last time Ohio saw Calloway.

I don't remember the score, but Boone kept winging wurth.

I know it wasn't a major. I'd put worth at 3 for now.

It doesn't really matter though.. Duels isn't to far away!

I don't remember the score, but Boone kept winging wurth.

I know it wasn't a major. I'd put worth at 3 for now.

It doesn't really matter though.. Duels isn't to far away!

It is close but im going off the fact Wurth only got 4th last year (at one of the toughest weights in the region however). While Friedrich got 3rd at 125.

This was to keep consistency with my other choices. It is mostly just guesswork when ranking guys who have never wrestled