Sign in to follow this  
TeamJesus316

Tournaments

Have you taken the position? If so, you want to allocate as much of your budget as possible on travel. You want to go north, young man. There is some competitive action going on closer to the eastern border of the state, but your best bet would be to get at least to the center of the state and Louisville areas and, of course, anything available in the northern region. Good luck on starting the program, the more the merrier!!!

I havent accepted the position or anything yet. My wife and I are flying out may 1 to interview with the school. My current understanding is that the school had a program up to a couple years ago and no longer have anyone qualified to coach wrestling. What are the top tournaments in the state though? Does anyone have any names for the tournaments so I know what to try to schedule around if I should get the position? Also, how exactly does the "point system" work? I am coming from a state that just has a maximum match rule of 40 matches (not counting byes or forfeits) before the state championship series. How many tournaments compared to duals would I typically want to schedule?

The only restriction is 17 events. If you schedule a one or two day tourney it is still considered one event.

There are many kids in our state that will hve over 60 matches. I believe the most in the finals was 160 runner up He was 60-8 I believe. Most of the finalists had over 50 matches.